Chapter 6 News

Sapphire

"Sum have you seen my phone anywhere? I need to call Luna ask her something!" I yelled to my sister from my bedroom.

"It's on the kitchen counter!" I heard Summer's voice yell back.

I picked my bag up and headed towards the counter.

"Sapph be careful getting down the stairs please!" I heard my dad yell from his room, down the hall from mine and my sister's.

I rolled my eyes and just ignored him.

Every since I fell down the stairs last week my dad has been keeping an eye on me every time I go up and down the stairs. It's actually really annoying me.

I rushed into the kitchen and picked up my phone before dialling Luna's number.

"Hello?" I heard Luna's voice at the other end of the line.

"Hi honey I need to ask you something" I said

"Yeah sure what is it?"

"Could you send me a picture of the notes we were told to take in class on wednesday, being called to a netball meeting in the middle of class has caused some issues" I asked

"Sure I'll just said them to you" She replied and I thanked her and we both hung up.

I took my phone back up to my phone with me so I could get the notes when Luna texted them through.

My phone soon buzzed after I got back to studying. I looked at it and saw she sent me the notes I needed.

I then got back to studying since my exam week started tomorrow, today was Sunday.

"Summer, Sapphire!" I heard mom call from downstairs and I moaned.

Geez what does a girl have to do to get a little peace in this house, I feel like I am running around 24/7.

I took my glasses off and left studying and met Summer in the hallway. She looked just as mad as I was about being interrupted.

"This is just ridiculous" Summer moaned as we walked down the stairs.

"I know right, mom and dad could at least wait until we have finished studying to call us down" I agreed as we walked into the kitchen.

Our minds were soon taken off studying when mom was smiling and so was dad.

"What's going on?" I asked, tilting my head to the side.

"Well your mother and I have been talking for while a we've had some chances done to the family" Dad started and something immediately popped into my head and I had to spit it out before I panicked.

"Mom you're not pregnant are you?" I asked and she giggled.

"No Sapph honey i'm not, two of you is enough" She replied and I silently sighed in relief.

I wouldn't mind if mom was pregnant but I just don't think I could handle two siblings because I had a feeling all sorts of havoc would wreak out.

"No there's not going to be any new members to this family anytime soon, we have been talking about changing something else" Dad pause and looked at mom who nodded then turning back towards us.

"We are moving house next week" Dad blurted out and Summer and mine's eyes just widened in shock.

"Are you serious?" Summer asked angler evident in her voice.

"Yeah" Mom said while nodding

Summer then without warning just turned around and rushed up stairs.

"Summer honey" Mom tried to call after her but she showed no signs of turning back.

"You could've at least given earlier notice instead of just telling us a week before" I spat angrily at them before storming out the kitchen and heading up to see Summer.

Summer had never liked the thought of moving because she knew that meant we would be changing schools and leaving Luna. I personally didn't mind moving but I don't like things just being sprung on me like that.

I headed down the hallway and knocked on Summer's door. I didn't hesitate to go in after I heard Summer sobbing on the other side.

"Summer sis, come here" I said quietly while sitting on her bed and pulling her in for a hug.

"I can't believe this is happening" She sobbed into my shoulder.

"Neither can I, don't worry but don't worry we'll be fine" I replied, rubbing her back to try and sooth her.

"I mean it's enough that we've got the pressure of exams on our shoulders and now this" She continued to sob.

I nodded having not anything else to say. It was true they can't just spring this on us and expect us to take this all lovely like, it's just not the right thing to do.

Let's just hope that this doesn't affect our exams.

🎤🎤🎤🎤

Well here goes nothing, today is the start of exam week, today is the day we start testing our asses off so we can get the courses we need.

Thankfully we don't have to change schools because we have found a bus route that can take us from our new house to school.

Although we are dreading the thought of moving at least one good thing is coming out of it. Summer and I are having the opportunity to own our own horses which I think is pretty special. The house is out in the country so there is a load of land and much more opportunities for our whole family out there.

I grabbed my bag and hurried down stairs and out the door soon after the buses horn blew.

"Bye mom, bye dad!" I yelled as I ran out the door and joined Summer on the bus who was already with Luna and Eleanor.

"Morning girls" I greeted the both of them as I sat down and sighed

"Well it sounds like your weekend was a lot more interesting than ours" Eleanor commented after hearing me sigh.

We told Luna over the phone yesterday after Summer had calmed down that we were moving and I'm guessing either Luna or Summer had just told Eleanor now.

"Tell me about it" I rolled my eyes.

"Well at least you won't have to move schools and you'll get to be riding horses" Luna shrugged and both me and my sister hummed and agreement.

I have a feeling this is going to be a very long week.

🎤🎤🎤🎤

Hi guys sorry for the boring chapter but I am really going to start giving the storyline more life once the girls have moved.

Hope you guys all had a wonderful christmas and got loads of presents, I was so excited when I got the whole harry potter book set from my cousin so their may be a few Harry potter references on this book I'm not sure yet.

Thanks for all the people that have been following along so far especially xxwhoareyouoo and toothlesslover777. Massive shout out to their pages because they both write amazing stories

See you guys next chapter

Luv ya guys

Tia 💋💋💋