Chapter 11 letters and owls

Sapphire

I rode out and stopped just at the end of the forest and turned to face Eleanor. The one thing that was running through my mind was how am I supposed to keep this a secret. I soon starting thinking something else when Eleanor spoke up.

"Oh no" She muttered under her breath.

I looked back at my house and saw several cars in my drive, all belonging to friends and family. Oh no. They must all be looking for me, how am I supposed to cover up my tracks now.

"Eleanor how hours where we are your place?" I asked and she looked at me.

"About 3 or 4 hours because after we had our little talk we had to go and get something for the school term that starts soon remember" She reminded me and it all started to become clear.

"No wonder practically everyone I know is at my house they must all be looking for me" I said quietly and Eleanor hummed in agreement.

"Look you just head inside I'll use a spell to get all your school things up to your room and under your bed" She suggested and I nodded before starting to walk towards my house and into the stables.

I dismounted and led Cher Ami into her stable where I started to get nervous about what mom would think about me just disappearing like this. Personally I could care less what dad thought though, because let's be honest you dis my best friends you lose me.

I walked out of the stables, closing the door behind me and heading inside through the back door. I walked inside only to walk right into Mom and Summer's arms.

"Sapphire do you know how worried we were after you had run off?!" Mom scolded into my ear.

"We had just hoped that you hadn't gotten yourself seriously hurt or killed!" She continued and then I felt like a little ringing in my ears, reminding me of all my new school books and robes that Eleanor had magically put under my bed.

I pulled out of mom and Summer's arm before attempting to rush quickly upstairs but dad's voice stopped me.

"Sapph?" I barely turn to look at him. In fact I could barely see him out of the corner of my eye.

I let out a quiet um to ask him what he wanted but in reality was just going to continue upstairs and into my bedroom not caring what her had to say.

"Can we please talk alone?" He asked and I sighed before slightly turning my head more towards him.

"I don't think there's anything we need to talk about" I said coldly before continuing my way to my bedroom.

I walked down the hall and opened my bedroom door when I came to it. I headed inside, closing the door behind me before looking under my bed almost right after I had close the door. I looked under and saw the big box with all my stuff in it but I also saw something else.

I looked to my left and saw a set of white draws built into my bed. I then saw something in the box glow a faint white colour. I moved my robe out the way and saw an old fashioned envelope inside with my name and address on it, written in some sort of ink in cursive writing.

Sapphire Haddock

36 Bushwalk drive

I turned over the envelope and saw a purple wax seal sealing it. It also had some kind of writing and a picture on the wax but I couldn't make out exactly what it was. I decided to lock my bedroom door to ensure that no one walks in while I am reading this because knowing my sister she will read it and then want to show mom and dad. I have to keep my powers hidden just like Eleanor said and that's what I am going to do.