Chapter 10 My life Explained

Sapphire

I rode off into the bush just as mad as ever. How could dad say such a thing to me. It's bad enough that we have moved miles away from my best friend but it's another thing when he just disses my best friends like that. I don't know what's going on inside that head of his at the moment, in fact I don't even want to know.

I told Cher Ami to stop by the lake that I always loved to hang out at since we moved here when I was not feeling myself, which at the moment is all the time or when I just needed to get away from it all so practically I was here all the time you could say.

I dismounted and made my way over to the lake before sitting down just at the bank. The water felt like it gave me a glistening hello as if it were happy to see me.

I looked over at the flowers and saw a butterfly perched on one of them, not having a care on the world. I always wished that could be me always free and being able to be freed from the grasp of my father, being able to make my own decisions without any fear of consequences.

I then felt Cher Ami nudge my back as if she were worried about me. I turned my head and ran my hand down her face in an attempt to reassure her that I was just being a Haddock, always thinking about silly things that half of the time don't even make sense.

I then heard a twig snap from behind the both of us. I stood up immediately and stood next to Cher Ami. Who else in the name of Thor would be out here apart from me?

"Hello?" I called out but not too loud so I could draw people who here to find me even if someone was behind us.

I then turn slightly to my left and saw the shadow of what appeared to be another horse from behind the bushes.

"Who's there?" I asked and the figure started coming towards me.

I got a little startled by it and hopped on Cher Ami back as quickly as I could just incase I had to get the hell out of here.

"Thank gods, Sapph it is you" I heard an all too familiar voice say.

I widened my eyes before saying the first name that came on my mind.

"Eleanor?" I asked and the figure came into view and out of the bushes.

Sure enough it was Eleanor and she was, RIDING A HORSE?? What in Thors name is going on here?

"What are you doing here?" I asked happily while dismounted and running up to her horse and pulling her into a tight hug the minute her dismounted herself.

"Looking for you actually" She replied. I pulled away and gave her a confused look.

"Why would you be looking for me and besides how did you get all the way out here into the bush? I thought you went home" I asked and she just smiled.

"Do you ever wonder why I started at my school just a month before final exams and why I didn't wait until next year to apply?" She asked and I nodded.

Come to think of it she was right why just start at the end of the year? Why not just be home schooled for another month before starting real school?

"Well the truth is that I was sent to your school to find someone" She said and my jaw dropped.

So she was hired to find someone but that still doesn't explained why she didn't just start next year to look for them.

"Who were you told out to find?" I asked and she shot me a sympathetic smile.

"You"

Me? Why would anyone want to see me? I just an ordinary girl. Well if you can call me ordinary with the family I belong to.