032, ice and stone

FROZEN HEART ━━ 032

( ICE AND STONE )

          ELLIE AND HE FRIENDS KEPT WALKING UNTIL THEY SAW THE CASTLE and all of them were relieved to have made it back. They needed to look for Audrey but if they did happen to find her, they would need a way to signal Mal to rush over with the ember since they still had no cell service.

          "Can I just say the way you took down Audrey's magic rock monsters was amazing," Marisa said as she wrapped an arm around the blonde's shoulder. "We were seriously gonna go up against them with my bow and four swords but there were too many of them."

          Kaia scoffed as she rolled her eyes. "Marisa, don't pretend like you weren't ready to fight to the death," she said.

          "The point is that Ellie showed up and turned them into ice statues and saved us," the redhead replied as she shrugged her shoulders.

          "On another note, we need a way to signal Mal if we run into Audrey and need help," Ellie said as they stopped a couple of feet in front of the castle.

          "Your magic is strong enough to end her so bad her great grandfather will feel the frostbite," Kaia said but the blonde shook her head.

          "There is no doubt that my magic has gotten stronger, especially after coming back from that place buried beneath the castle. But Audrey had Maleficent's sceptre. That alone is strong magic and Mal said that the only thing that could break a spell cast by the sceptre is Hades' ember, which she has and we don't which is why if we run into Audrey, we'll need to signal Mal for help," Ellie explained.

          "Fair enough," the redhead said.

          Ellie inhaled sharply and her friends looked at her, asking her what was going on. She had this bad feeling like something was coming and her heart stopped as she turned around to face her friends. A bright light blinded her and when she regained her focus, she realized that both of her friends had been turned to stone. She turned around again and Audrey was standing there with the sceptre and a wicked smile on her face.

          "You know, you guys are really starting to get on my nerves," she said.

          "Audrey, you need to stop this and lift the spells you put on everybody," Ellie said calmly.