014, no regrets

FROZEN HEART ━━ 014

( NO REGRETS )

          EVEN AFTER EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENED at the coronation, they didn't just go away. Even when Ellie was changing into a shorter dress with thinner sleeves, some part of her still felt cold. She kept reminding herself that the spell was broken and that it was time to celebrate the day Ben became the King of Auradon. Ellie's dress was a very light tint of blue and the skirt reached the top of her knees. The blue lace sleeves were off the shoulder and went down to her wrists and her hair was put into a French braid.

          "You really do look like your mother right now," Marisa said.

          "Of course, you always look like your mother," Kaia added and Ellie smiled widely.

          "Let's just enjoy the party," she suggested and the three girls joined the others.

          The brightly coloured fireworks exploded in the night sky and the lights from the castle made everything look more magical. The blonde felt two hands on her shoulders and she smiled at the familiar scent of sweet chocolate and salty peanut butter.

          "I can tell that you already got into the peanut butter cups," she laughed and Carlos joined in as he offered her one.

          Ellie smiled as she accepted the piece of candy and took a bite out of the sweet and salty goodness.

          "I never knew what this was until the day we left the Isle," Carlos said while Ellie sucked the leftover chocolate off her fingertips.

          The music started to play and everybody started to dance. Ben was carried out on the shoulders of two other boys and Carlos held out his hand.

          "Care to dance?" he asked with a little bow and Ellie smiled widely as she placed her own hand in his.

          "Charmed," she said as they joined the crowd.

          Everybody was singing and dancing to celebrate the new King and the future of Auradon and everybody was happy. Ellie had Carlos and the two greatest friends she could ever ask for and she couldn't be any happier. She had her hands on his shoulders while his rested on her waist as they moved their feet to the upbeat music that was playing so loud they could feel it through the floor.

          "I gotta admit, I am getting a lot of queen vibes from you right now," the white haired boy said and the blonde giggled.

          "What can I say? My mother is a queen," she said as she leaned in closer to his face. "Does it make you nervous?"

          Carlos had a lopsided grin as he leaned in as well. "Not at all. If anything, I'm way more into you now than I was before," he said. "Run, baby, run. Don't ever look back. They'll tear us apart if you give them the chance. Don't sell your heart, don't say we're not meant to be. Run, baby, run. Forever we'll be you and me."

          "Run, baby, run. Don't ever look back. They'll tear us apart if you give them the chance. Don't sell your heart, don't say we're not meant to be. Run, baby, run. Forever we'll be you and me," Ellie sang with a wide smile on her face and there was no way for her to contain it.

          "You and me," Carlos promised as he moved closer.

          "You and me," Ellie repeated as she felt her heart race.

          In no time, Carlos placed his lips on hers and she let her mind roam free. As much as they both wished that the circumstances could've been different, the results would've probably been different as well. Everything that they went through to get to this moment was worth it without a doubt and she would've done it all again if it meant she would still end up in his arms. As long as he got to hold her close to him, he was happy. Neither of them had any regrets and they didn't care anymore. Both of them were very happy with the results, even when they pulled away and couldn't stop smiling at each other.

          "No regrets?" Ellie asked as she stared into his dark brown eyes with nothing but adoration.

          Carlos smiled as he rested his forehead on hers and pulled her closer so there was little space between them. "No regrets," he repeated before kissing her again.

          In that moment, they felt like nothing could ever touch them. It was simply young love between a Villain Kid who is no longer afraid of dogs and a princess with the power to manipulate ice and snow just like her mother. It was like they were encased inside their own little world where it was calm and safe without any intrusions. But not even they were immune to the events of the future and what it meant for the people of Auradon. The future held many things in store for everybody, including the young teenagers but nothing ever could've prepared them for any of it.