010, thickest tensions

FROZEN HEART ━━ 010

( THICKEST TENSIONS )

          WITH BEN'S CORONATION COMING UP, there was more tension all over the school, especially with the Villain Kids. The tension was so thick that it could be cut with a knife and nothing was getting better. Ellie saw Kaia and Marisa a few times in the hallways and in the cafeteria but didn't know what to say to them. She and Ben were the only kids who defended Mal and her friends when everyone else was against them. She couldn't help but think about what Chad said that she should've been sent to the Isle of the Lost the day she was born. She had spent all of her life trying to avoid hurting people with her magic and she was finally gaining control over it but it felt like it was all for nothing if she was still going to be treated like an outcast.

          A knock on the door grabbed Ellie's attention from the book she was reading and she put it down on top of the duvet. She got up and pulled the door open to reveal her friends who she wasn't really sure were her friends anymore

          "Hey," Kaia said with a small smile on her face.

          "What are you guys doing here?" the blonde asked in confusion.

          "We saw what happened the other day on Family Day," Marisa said and Ellie scoffed.

          "Everybody saw that. I'm assuming you also heard what was said," she replied with her arms crossed.

          "Especially Chad," Kaia said while looking at Ellie with sympathy.

          Ellie stood up straight with her arms crossed. She hated when somebody tried to give her their sympathy or their pity because it made her feel like a beaten down animal.

          "Don't look at me like that. Don't try to give me your sympathy after I've been getting this crap since the day I got here," Ellie said while looking at the two girls in the hallway.

          "We came here to talk to you about some things," Marisa said and the blonde sighed.

          "Just come inside and then we can talk," she said and she let the two girls inside the dorm.