028, a life for thousands

FROZEN HEART ━━ 028

( A LIFE FOR THOUSANDS )

          WHILE THE VK'S TOOK THE BIKES TO TRAVEL TO THE ISLE, Ellie left Dizzy in charge of the twins while she headed to Jane's birthday party by the Enchanted Lake. When she got there, everyone was having a good time and there was no sign of Audrey. Jane and Chad were standing by the Enchanted Lake, waiting for the VK's to show up. She needed to let Jane know that they were busy at the moment and she also needed to warn her about Audrey.

          "Hey, Chad! They're all taking selfies over there," Ellie said while pointing to a group of people and the blonde boy started heading over to them.

          "Thanks," Jane said once he was gone.

          "No problem. You just gotta speak his language," Ellie replied with a smile.

          "Where are Mal and the others?" Jane asked and Ellie frowned.

          "That's what I came here to tell you but I also came here to warn you. Audrey is the one who took the crown and the scepter from the museum and she put a spell on Mal so they're heading to the Isle to get Hades' ember," Ellie said while Jane listened carefully.

          "Is Audrey gonna come here?"

          "I don't doubt it."

          Just as Ellie said that, the noise from the party died down and she knew already that something was going on. She told Jane to wait there and run if anything happened and she hurried up to see what was happening. Just as she suspected, Audrey was there and Chad was standing right behind her.

          "I should've known you'd try to stop me. To be honest, I thought you'd be with Carlos right now since you two are so in love just like Ben and Mal," Audrey said and Ellie took a moment to look at her.

          "Who are you really mad at?" Ellie asked and then looked at Chad. "OkayI always knew you were an idiot but I never thought you'd be this stupid."

          "He's just loyal to his queen," Audrey said with a sickly sweet smile and Ellie laughed.