2.

Aurora DiLorenzo

"Isla, you should have seen him!" I exclaimed, my phone on speaker on top of my vanity as I finished getting dressed. "He's absolutely beautiful. His hair alone was enough to have me drooling." I buttoned the last button on my jeans before cuffing them at the ends. 

"You know what they say, to get over one man, you have to get under another." I could hear the smirk in her voice, her laughter echoing around my room. I shook my head, chuckling at her words. 

Isla was my best friend for as long as I could remember. Our moms were best friends throughout high school and they ended up getting pregnant with us around the same time. Isla was only a month older than me. 

I had missed her so much this past year. We both went to Columbia, however, our senior year she decided to study abroad in Italy for the last semester. I was very excited to see her tonight for our usual Sunday family dinner. It always consisted of me, my father, Cora, and Isla. I wonder if they continued to have them after Isla and I went away to college. 

"You know I don't need to get over Matt. We ended on good terms. We're still really great friends and he will always be an important person in my life. It's not like I'm hung up on him or anything, I grew out of that relationship," I sat down at my vanity, turning on the light and putting on some mascara. "I don't feel the need to sleep with anyone at the moment, but he is nice to look at. I wouldn't mind seeing him around the office every day." 

"So you're going to do it, huh? Work for the old man?" She asked, curiosity in her voice. 

"I'm thinking about it. I mean he seems pretty adamant about it. Something about being set for life. I'll probably tell him at dinner tonight." I finished applying my mascara, taking my hair out of the butterfly clip, letting it fall down my shoulders. 

"What are you wearing tonight, I don't want to be underdressed. I haven't seen anyone in a year." 

"Nothing fancy, jeans, a black cropped tank top, and my dad's old black flannel." I apply some clear lipgloss. "Now hurry up, we're gonna be eating in an hour and we need to catch up." I pouted. 

"Okay, okay. I'm leaving in two minutes, I just need to finish getting dressed and I'm coming. Bye!" She said before the line went dead. She only lived about five minutes down the road, a few blocks away. 

I glanced in my mirror one last time before I made my way downstairs. I walked into the kitchen, my dad putting something in the oven. Whatever it was, it smelled amazing. "What's for dinner daddy?" I asked sliding onto the barstool, smiling at him. 

"My mom's famous sauce, I just put some garlic bread in the oven. Homemade, just like you like it." He spoke lifting the lid on the pot of sauce, stirring it before he turned to look at me. "Is Isla on her way? Haven't seen her in forever." He crossed his arms over his chest. 

I nodded, "She should be here soon, any minute really. We can help make the salad when it gets closer to dinner time." I mentioned, glancing at the time behind him on the stove. "Where's Cora?" I feel like I haven't seen her much since I've been back, granted I've only been back for four days now. Last time I saw her was Friday before I went to my father's office. 

"I'm pretty sure she's out tanning on the deck. At least she was an hour ago. You know I can barely catch up with her." He chuckled. It was so entertaining to see how my father was with us. Always laughing and in a good mood. God forbid someone sees this side of him. He was always so serious around people, a big tough guy. The only people to bring this side out of him was his girls and Isla, or as he referred to her as his third daughter.