3.

Aurora DiLorenzo

It was now Saturday and here I was sat in my new office, surrounded by shopping bags with office decor. I talked to my father Monday after the Sunday dinner and told him I would give it a shot. I needed a job anyway and I know working for my father's company would have benefits for me, especially if I decided one day to pursue a career elsewhere. It would look great on my resume.

Since it was Saturday, the office was closed so I decided to do all my decorating while no one was here. I started on Monday and I honestly had no idea what I would be doing. My father still had yet to tell me. All he has said is we will discuss everything on Monday.

My father had given me the keys to get into the building and told me I could decorate however I would like. He had a desk and couch I had picked out earlier this week delivered and that was currently the only proper items in my office. The one wall was completely floor to ceiling windows that looked out at the ocean and I had the blinds pushed open completely. This was definitely a view I would never get sick of.

My small couch was placed against the right wall. It was a cream colored two seat couch, the perfect size for an office. I originally had no plans to have a couch in my office, but my father convinced me, saying it was life-changing, or so he says.

My desk was currently up against the left wall near the door and I wanted it in front of the huge windows so that I could have the ocean behind me while I worked. I knew if I faced the ocean I would never get any work done. The only issue with this was I was the only one in the building and the desk was a little too heavy for me to move alone. I didn't want to pull it across the floor, scared it would scratch up the floor. Maybe I should've bought those slider pads while I was at the store. I still had a bookshelf to build so I decided to start with that before I figured out my desk situation. The bookshelf wasn't big. It was a three shelved wooden bookshelf with black metal frames that were in the shape of triangles.

I plugged in my Alexa near the window and began to play some music. I clicked on my playlist on my phone hitting shuffle, Dreams by Fleetwood Mac coming on first. I turned the volume up, singing softly as I laid the box flat on the ground pulling out the pieces. I opened the directions on the floor leaning over it to read, on my hands and knees.

"Wow, that's a nice view," A deep voice spoke from behind me. I squealed, whipping my head around quickly to see Harry staring at me, head cocked to the side. He was in black jeans and a black and white button-down, the top few buttons left undone. He looked good.

"Excuse me?" I spoke, noticing his eyes on my ass. I sat back on my heels quickly before pressing pause on my phone.

"The ocean, it's a nice view," he nodded out the window. Sure.

"What are you doing here? It's Saturday." I rose to my feet, walking over to my desk that had my water on it, taking a sip. His eyes followed my every move.

"Just because it's Saturday doesn't mean I don't have work to do, darling." He glanced around the room before speaking again, "I heard music, didn't know who was here." He took his bottom lip in between his finger and thumb, crossing his left arm over his body in support of his other. This was the most I had heard him speak. He seemed pretty quiet, or maybe it was just the few times I have encountered him. I didn't really know him. He turned to walk out of my office and I rushed after him stepping over the wooden shelves laying on the floor. I grabbed his elbow and he froze, turning slightly, now towering over me given our close proximity.

"Do you think you could help me move my desk? I obviously can't move it myself, it's too big and I don't want to scratch the floor." I asked letting go of his elbow and he turned toward me stepping closer. Instinctively, I took a step back, but he kept moving closer. I backed up until I hit the edge of my desk and he enclosed me putting both hands on either side of my body on the desk. I'm not sure why but my breathing picked up as well as my heart rate.