21.

Aurora DiLorenzo 

There's so much tension in this room right now. I'm sat between Harry and Niall, my dad across the table from us. We've been sitting here for almost 20 minutes now for this meeting and not a single word has been spoken. 

Harry and my father have been staring at each other with hard expressions on their faces. They're both pissed at each other from the incident last week and it's very uncomfortable being in a room with the two of them together. Their egos are getting in the way of just apologizing and moving on from the situation. 

From what Harry has told me, everything went fine in Mexico. He explained to the guys down there that Aldo was no longer with us and they would have a new man who would fulfill the role, until them it would either be him or my father bringing them their share of the deal. 

I don't understand why they're still at each other's throats but trying to hide it. I can hear them arguing in my father's office almost every day. The Sunday dinner the other day was absolutely brutal. Niall and I tried to make conversation with them, but it was pointless. Harry's also taken point to provoke my father on purpose which isn't good for either of them. 

"Are we going to get started or just stare at each other for an hour. If it's the latter, do you mind if I leave." I was getting fed up with their antics.

"No." They say simultaneously, looking at me with equally as harsh looks. Rolling my eyes, I sit back in my chair with my arms crossed over my chest. I can't help but want to punch both of them with the way they're acting towards each other. 

Once my father actually begins the meeting, I realize just how obvious everything was. He changes things to make it seem like he's merely speaking about a printing company. He glances at Harry and Niall with certain looks when he is referring to drug deals. 

I know when he mentions a cooking book that needs to be printed and shipped off to New York by next week that he is referring to drugs. Cocaine most likely. Harry said that's the usual drug they deal with. 

"It would be a shame if something happened to the cook book." Harry speaks up from beside me. My father snaps his head in his direction so quickly. 

"Are you saying something happened to it?" He asks. I know this is just Harry trying to get under his skin and I can see it's working. 

"No, not at all. But it would be a shame if someone in my department just so happened to lose the transaction history or something like that. I wouldn't want to get blamed for anything." He smirks. 

I groan internally at his provoking. I know if I wasn't in the room, this would be a lot worse. This conference room is soundproof so they would be able to speak freely about anything without the fear that others are listening on the other side of the door. 

They subtly argue back and forth between each other before Niall interrupts and asks for this to be taken up at a later time. I silently thank him for getting them under control. I feel so uncomfortable in this room. I wish Harry would stop for his own sake. I don't know how far he's willing to piss my father off, but I really wish he would quit while he's ahead. 

I think he notices how uncomfortable I am because his hand is quickly on my thigh rubbing soothing circles under the table. It's not obvious what he's doing thankfully. My father is too busy with his nose stuck in his tablet reading and explaining different offers to notice. 

Harry seems to appreciate his lack of attention because his hand is sliding up my thigh under my dress. I glance over at him, only to see him looking ahead as if he isn't trying anything. His fingers brushing my clothed center causes me to suck in a breath and shift in my seat.