27.

Aurora DiLorenzo

Cora's leaving for college soon.

I know she's only going to UCLA so she's not far at all, but I know what her and my dad felt now. I'm so happy for her, proud of her for everything she's accomplished. How could I not be? But as an older sister, it's sad to watch my baby sister grow up.

Isla and I took her out today to go shopping. Just some last minute dorm stuff, a new wardrobe she insisted on and overall, just a girls day.

We've been in this mall for roughly an hour now and my arms are already breaking from the amount of bags I'm carrying. I thought I had a shopping problem. This girl takes the cake. Not a single bag I'm carrying is actually mine and I genuinely wonder how we're supposed to fit anything in the car considering we're not even close to being done at the mall and my trunk is already filled with a bunch of dorm stuff.

I'm sifting through the rack when I feel the burning feeling of someone staring at me. I quickly look over my shoulder, but no one is there. I shake the feeling off and continue on with searching through the clothes.

If I'm being honest, I've been paranoid ever since we got back from Italy. I swear someone is watching me. Ever since Antonio whispered that in my ear before I killed him, I feel this way. I haven't said anything to Harry. I don't want him to worry, not until I'm sure. I know that's not the smartest thing to do, but he's already got a lot on his plate right now.

My dad has him doing so many different jobs lately, ever since we got back in the States. He's flown to New York twice since being back from Italy. This will be his third. He left early this morning. I worry even more now about him doing these deals and the more he does the more paranoid I am.

We've been back for about two weeks now and I swear I've seen the same black SUV at least five times. The windows are tinted so I can't make out who it is, but I see it at the most random times. When I stop at Gloria's, when I'm getting gas or simply running to the grocery store, and now here at the mall I feel like someone is watching me. I'm going insane.

"Are you still shopping? I'm starving and want to get something from the food court." Cora appears out of nowhere. I wasn't really looking to buy anything today anyway, so I nod before we make our way out of the store and towards the food court.

Once we have our food and we are sat down eating, I get that feeling again. I try ignoring it but it only gets stronger. I subtly look over my shoulder to find a man with a pair of sunglasses on, a dress shirt and pants. There's no identifying factors showing. I can see a tattoo peaking out from the top of his shirt, but can't decipher what it is.

As soon as he realizes that I'm watching from the corner of my eye, he turns and walks away. I don't know if this is the same person from the black SUV or not but the feeling is very similar. My paranoia only heightens as my nerves course through my body like a freight train.

"Rora, are you listening?" Isla's voice breaks through.

"Hm? Yeah, yeah I'm listening." I turn my head back towards them and continue picking through my fries.

"I'm not really sure where we should go to dinner. Dad wanted to do a last dinner with the three of us before I go off to school. I'm feeling sushi but also Italian, what do you think?"

"Sushi sounds amazing, when are we going again?" I ask for clarification.

"Friday, since we're leaving Saturday." I nod, Harry gets back Friday evening and as much as I would love to see him since he'll be gone for almost a week, I want to spend one last night with my sister.