chapter three | a void

TW: mentions of su!cide

Uenoyama looked up into the sky. Splayed clouds hung airily in the air, a periwinkle blue tinting and gliding over the soft white patches of sky. Golden light poked out from the edges of the clouds, as a soft light lit the top of Mafuyu's face. His eyes shone salmon, glistening with admiration. Uenoyama gazed down into his eyes, as Mafuyu gazed back. They stood still, leaning on a dock, for a few minutes.

"I'm sorry," Mafuyu whispered.

"What? Why?" Uenoyama looked bewildered and curiously glanced at Mafuyu to find him crying.

"Wh—"

"I'm the reason Yuki killed himself," he sobbed, "It's all my fault. I told him that he didn't care about me enough to give his life for me. That's why he killed himself."

"It's not your fault," Uenoyama said softly, but he knew some part of him held him responsible for a part of Yuki's suicide.

"I know you think it is too!" He gasped for breath and crumbled to the floor.

Uenoyama was taken aback but then regained his composure in a split second.

"That song you sang a few weeks ago, the lyrics... they were about him, right?"

Mafuyu nodded, tears still falling to the floor.

"Even if some part of you was responsible, that doesn't mean it was completely your fault. He must've been amazing. The way he used to look into your eyes was probably like," he stopped for a moment before continuing, "The way you look into mine. It takes my breath away, you know? It's like staring into a void full of emotions."

Mafuyu looked up, his cheeks were glazed with salty tears, hair ruffled and hanging loosely. Uenoyama crouched to swipe his tears away.

"You probably loved Yuki a lot, but I love you twice as much."

Uenoyama swiftly pulled Mafuyu up onto his feet, and brushed his hair back with his fingers.

Mafuyu was about to reply, but with that, Uenoyama leaned in and placed a soft kiss on his lips. Mafuyu wrapped his arms around Uenoyama's neck as Uenoyama grabbed his waist gently. They held each other close for a few seconds, before pulling away, not letting go.

"I love you t—"

But Uenoyama interrupted, knowing what he was about to say, and saying instead, "I know, but I love you even more." And he placed another sweet kiss on his lips, affection and love flooding out of him. Mafuyu held himself steady as they finally pulled away and Uenoyama shoved his hands into his pockets, coming into a full realization of the past moments.

"I'm so so sorry, I didn't mean to kiss you unexpectedly, I just couldn't stop myself and—" He stuttered, but Mafuyu placed his hand on Uenoyama's mouth.

"It's fine," he giggled. Uenoyama's heart raced as he brought his face closer and closer, and even though he initiated the first 2 kisses, he felt flustered when Mafuyu kissed him again and again, showering him with love and care.

They soon turned away to stare at the sky, Uenoyama sneaking a few glances at the other. They chatted away happily, hand in hand, enjoying each other's company.

heyy sorry for posting so late, hopefully you enjoyed this chapter.