chapter two | scarves

It was chilling, with flurries of snow circling the park. Uenoyama glanced at Mafuyu, who was breathing into his hands to warm it up. He stared at the trees ahead, face tinted pink with the cold. His eyes glistened with wonder, and suddenly got up.

"Mafuyu?" Uenoyama spoke into the silence. He stared into Mafuyu's beautiful, bright eyes as Mafuyu stared back.

"Uenoyama-kun, come on!" He said animatedly, but softly. He smiled, taking his hand, and ran forward, dragging Uenoyama with him.

"W-where are we going?" Uenoyama panted as he ran beside Mafuyu.

"You'll see," Mafuyu said with a gentle laugh.

They both trudged through the snow in silence, past trees and houses, cars and lamp posts.

Finally, they reached an isolated water tower. Uenoyama looked confused, but Mafuyu signalled for him to climb the stairs. The sun was already setting, and the snow fell harder. As soon as they got on top of the tower, Mafuyu looked and Uenoyama and smiled widely.

"I wanted to show you this," He said, as Uenoyama still looked confused, blushing slightly, but as Mafuyu pointed to look forward, Uenoyama's eyes widened.

In front of him was their city, shining with colors. Cars zoomed by, horns and traffic echoing in the background.

He looks so beautiful, Uenoyama thought, as Mafuyu gazed at the scenery across them. The sky was an inky blue now, spectrum lit with the vibrancy of the colors. The crescent moon shone brightly above them, and they stared at each other as if there was no one else in the world.

"You know," Uenoyama started, surprised as he spoke mindlessly. "The moon reminds me of myself, when I'm not with you."

Mafuyu blushed and looked down. "Why?"

"Because it feels like I'm incomplete when your not with me."

Mafuyu gaped, and then giggled. "S-sorry, was that too cheesy?" Uenoyama stammered, fumbling with his hands.

"No, it wasn't," he said, still chuckling, "but- since when were you such a romantic?"

Uenoyama tried looking scandalous, but soon also started laughing. "Sorry, it's just when I'm with you, I get nervous and all."

"Okay," Mafuyu stared at the stars.

"You—" Uenoyama started.

"Hm?"

"You look cute like that," Uenoyama let out a nervous snicker as it was Mafuyu's turn to get flustered, and he burrowed his face in his arms.

"Not fair!"

"It's true,"

Mafuyu shivered as he moved his hands, flushing deeper by the second, and cuddled into Uenoyama's chest.

"Are you cold?" Uenoyama asked.

"Only a little," Mafuyu's voice quivered. Uenoyama took the scarf wrapped around his neck, and draped it around the both of them.

"I love you,"

okay sooooo I know this was way more than 1-2 days but I didn't really have any ideas. this is a little longer than the other one (and yes I'll make the next chapters longer). thanks for reading this. also thanks to my friend (she didn't want to be named even though you've prolly already seen this) for giving me ideas and moral support.