chapter five | strawberries

Uenoyama yawned as he woke, sunlight drifted in through the window, the satin curtains diluting it ever so slightly. He squinted his eyes open, silk blankets enveloping him, and saw a ruffle of salmon-pink hair.

A limp body pressed against him, one hand lulling off. Sheets engulfed him; his chest steadily rose and fell.

Uenoyama smiled softly.

The beams of light shimmered on Mafuyu's soft skin, a hand reached out, his dog curled up under it.

Uenoyama carefully outstretched his right hand to play with his hair, silky and splayed, and a soft smile curled onto Mafuyu's lips once his fingers touched the strands.

Mafuyu leaned into the touch, bundling closer to him.

The entire apartment smelled like Mafuyu, subtly sweet, like strawberries.

Uenoyama was awfully calm, as he had stayed over.

And then it hit him.

He had dinner with Mafuyu; cuddled with Mafuyu, and even slept in his bed.

He, Uenoyama Ritsuka, was spooning with Sato Mafuyu.

He spluttered in shock, trying to calm himself, as to not wake Mafuyu.

Mafuyu's breath was steady and gentle, brushing against the hand he leaned on.

Kedama started wiggling out of Mafuyu's touch.

His fluffy tail wagged animatedly; he started licking Mafuyu, right on the nose.

Mafuyu scrunched up his nose slightly, eyes flickering open.

Pushing Kedama away, Mafuyu turned to look at Uenoyama.

"Uenoyama-kun," he smiled.

"G-good morning," Uenoyama moved to pull away his hand, but Mafuyu turned and pulled it around himself, burying his face in Uenoyama's chest.

"G'mornin',"

Uenoyama moved his hand to his hair cautiously, Kedama curling up on the floor.

"Uenoyama-kun, why are you so hesitant?" Uenoyama heard Mafuyu's muffled voice, and he apologized.

"Don't apologize, but you don't have to be so scared,"

"..Alright," Uenoyama mused.

A little less reluctantly, Uenoyama ruffled Mafuyu's hair; enjoying the feeling, he then wrapped his arms around Mafuyu's waist.

They stayed like that for a while, and after a few minutes of comfortable silence, Mafuyu spoke.

"Ritsuka,"

Uenoyama spluttered at the sound of his first name, turning a bright red.

"Wh-what?"

"Oh nothing, I just wanted to try it out," Mafuyu stated innocently, looking up at him with a smirk.

"Oh... alright," Uenoyama paused, "Mafu-chan."

A dull blush dusted Mafuyu's nose bridge and cheeks, and he buried his face in his hands.

"Uenoyama-kunn," he whined.

"Call me Ritsuka again, I like it."

Mafuyu pouted.

"Wow I never thought I'd see Sato Mafuyu, the Sato Mafuyu, who had trouble showing emotions, pouting," Uenoyama laughed.

if you couldn't tell, this part's based off of iwaoi 🤡💁

"Ritsuka," Mafuyu whispered, leaving a subtly sweet taste in Uenoyama's mouth, as well as a peace of mind.

Mafuyu looked up to see Uenoyama gazing at him with a love-riddled look, only to be returned.

They sat there silently, with soft conversations and giggled, enjoying the comfort of being in each other's arms.

is this chapter slightly longer than the others? yes. does it make up for procrastinating in writing this chapter? no.

also for the picture above, it looks more like kagehina but eh-