Chapter 3

Y/N's point of view

The door opens to a woman who introduced herself as Mrs. Heffley. She lead us to a table where the rest of her family was. She introduced her husband, their son Greg, and their son Manny.
"And the oldest is upstairs. Greg can you please go tell him to come down for dinner" she said with a smile that seemed a bit forced.
"You want me to go get him?" the kid asked sounding a bit scared wether of his mom or who ever he was supposed to go get i didn't know.

He went upstairs while we all started talking.

"So I heard it was your first day of school. How was it?"

"He'll be down in a minute" Greg said sitting down so that the only open seat was across from me.

"It was okay, I talked to this girl named CC and she seemed pretty cool.

"Oh good, already making friends. How great!"

Just then the guy from my classes walked in with ear buds in his ears and sat down in front of me.

"This is our oldest Rodrick. Rodrick!" she pulled an ear bud out of his ear.

"Hey!"

"Introduce yourself to our guests"

"Hi." He looked up from his phone at us, taking a bit longer to look at me then turned to his mom "Happy?" he asked his mom.

She sighed in response.

"Anyway, you two go to the same school."

"Yeah, I actually have 2 classes with him. English and history."

He looked up slightly at this.

"So Y/N what do you like to do in your spare time."

"I like listening to music. Greenday, MCR, Linkin Park, Avril Lavigne, Mayday Parade, and a ton of other bands"

"Oh that's nice Rodrick is really into music too. Right Rodrick?" She nudged him slightly trying to get him to join the conversation

"Yep" he said somewhat flatly.

"I heard at school that he even has his own band."

He looked up and started to smile. "It's called Loded Diper" his mom sighed "we do rock music. I play the drums."

That explains the van, still weird but...

"Cool, you'll have to let me listen to it some time. Im always trying to find more music."

"We are actually doing a practice for one of our new songs if you wanna listen in tomorrow."

"Im up for that."

He actually seemed into the conversation now. Everyone else started their own conversations. We continued to talk about music we like. He made a few jokes here and there mostly quoting music. He talked about what it's like actually being in a band.

Soon the food was done and everyone began wrapping everything up.
"Okay kids, you all have school tomorrow" Mrs Heffley said.

Rodrick rolled his eyes causing me to laugh.
"So tomorrow after school you're coming to the band practice right?" he brought it back up like I would forget.

"Duh Dork." I said laughing at him.

"Alright Y/N, we gotta go home."

"Okay bye everyone, see you in class Rodrick" I said before heading home.

When in my room i checked my phone before plugging it in. 1 text from a friend. I checked it nothing too important, they just wanted to know someone elses favorite place so they could hang out together.

I turned on some blink 182 and scrolled Tumbr for a bit before going to sleep.