Chapter 21

Y/N's point of view

After a few minutes in the car, my ability to talk came back.

"I think I need to change your name in my phone back to Hot Drummer because damn."

He laughed and I could see him looking at me in the rear view mirror. "You could always change it to MyHot Boyfriend or Rockstar Boyfriend or maybe MostPerfect HumanInExistance, Actually sorry that last one is your contact name in my phone so it's taken already.

"There's no way that's my name in your phone..." I looked at him he had that goofy smile, his eyes had turned back to the road. "you probably have me saved as something stupid." I laughed lightly.

"You can check it yourself if you don't believe me." He pulled his phone out of his pocket and handed it to me while driving. "The pin is 8008"

I sighed " Why does that not surprise me?" His lockscreen was the Loded Diper logo. I input the pin and was brought to the homescreen. "Hey, wait is this background from-" he cut me off

"The first concert we went to together"

My face turned red, I was happy that he thought I was special enough to have as his background and that he trusted me with his phone. It made me feel important.

I continued to go to his contacts to see what my name actually was in there because as much as I want that to be my name in his phone there's no way he would do that

"If you hit the button in the top right it will show most recent"

I pushed the button and looked at the results...

MostPerfect HumanInExistance ... right at the very top of the list.

"I-I, Rodrick..." I looked at him his face was pink.

"You're making it hard for me to focus on driving" he glanced at me smiling "... nerd."

"When did you set my name as that?"

"Oh look at that, we're here" he gets out of the car avoiding the question

"You can't just-"

"Pretty sure I can, come on" he grabs my hand and pulls me into the restaurant. "A table for my date and me please."

"Of course, right this way."

"I didn't know you have manners" I joked as we walked to the table

"I'll be right back with some waters for the table, please take the time to look over the menu" the waiter said before disappearing around a corner.

"I put all this effort in to the date only for my date to think I don't even have manners, ouch that really hurts" he said sarcastically

I rolled my eyes in response before picking up the menu to look through it. It wasn't anything too fancy so I picked {go to restaurant meal}

The waiter came back and we placed our order.

"Wanna play 10 questions?" He asked

"Sure"
-------------------------------------------------------
"So last question for you." I said "What are your top 3 things you like about me?"

"Only 3? Hmmm... I like how you listen to me when I get stuck on talking about music and stuff and I really like it when you blush, you're whole face turns bright red and it's just!!! And no matter how you're dressed you always look amazing."

My face was definitely red now. "Rodrick~"

"Same question to you, 3 things"

"You're absolutely the sweetest guy ever! And you are really smart about things that you actually care about. And you are the only person who can pull off that smudged eyeliner that well."

"You think I'm smart? Haven't heard that before" he laughed in disbelief

"No but really though, when you start explaining music you sound really smart. Like I have no idea what you're talking about but it's always really extremely interesting to listen to. It's adorable to hear you rant about something you're so passionate about."

He was clearly surprised by my response, it took him a minute to compose his words. "I've always just been told I was being annoying"

"I will gladly punch whoever said that"

Rodrick stared at me with a stranger look I'd never seen before closing his eyes taking a deep breath "We're together now, you're too perfect."

"Fine with me" I smiled "As long as you promise not to break my heart because if you do, I'm breaking your kneecaps"

"Fair" he laughed

Our conversations continued until we arrived at home.

"Well... we're here" Rodrick said with a bit of sadness in his voice

"That was fun, can't wait for the next one"

"Me either"

"Good night Rodrick~" I went in for a hug and he immediately reciprocated.

The hug felt like it lasted forever but I still wished it had lasted longer when we started to separate. Instead of separating fully Rodrick kept his arms around my waist. I looked up at him, he stared directly into my eyes. My stomach did somersaults. "Y/N... Can I..." He said moving one hand to the side of my face and starting to lean in. I answered by closing the space between us. It truthfully wasn't a long kiss but it was amazing!!! "Goodnight Y/N~, see you tomorrow?"

"Obviously!" I smiled and headed home
*********************************************************************
I might edit this chapter later, I'm not really happy with it right now but I hope you like it anyway