Chapter 22 continued

"My Lifeline" and saved. I smiled at my phone thinking about the date for a while before getting a bit of the homework done. Eventually my phone dinged.

My Lifeline - my mom is being annoying ಠ︵ಠ. I'm coming over

Me - Okay, I'll unlock the door.

I ran downstairs and unlocked the door. I poked my head out and he was stomping over with his bag on his shoulder. I stood at the door till he got there then we both headed up to my room. He immediately flopped face down on the bed.

"She's so fucking annoying! She only cares about my grades as if that matters! Loded diper is gonna make it big, I don't need school!"

I sat on the bed next to him.

" I know you won't really need it but... graduating would probably be a good idea. I mean venues probably want people they feel like they can trust and unfortunately people don't really trust people who never graduated..."

He sighed and rolled over now facing the ceiling "You're probably right but it's annoying as hell"

"How about I help you with school? Then Your mom will get off your ass and we could hang out the whole time"

"Fine... but only cuz it's you" he said still a bit miffed

"Before we get started on that though, wanna get some food?"

"As long as we can play some screamo in the van"

"Alright then get your butt up then Mr. Rockstar"

We headed off. We ended up at a steak and shake because Rodrick wanted a milkshake and it's not expensive. There was like no one there because of how early it still was.

"Hey, Rodrick..." I waited for him to look up from the menu, he had his eyebrow raised

"Yes y/n?"

"... we're together right?"

He looked down and smiled before looking back up at me his face was now a light pink and held a smirk "as long as you wanna be... babe"

"Ok good. But if you even think about cheating on me I'll break your arm."

"Good thing I don't plan doing that."
***********************************************************************
(thanks FaithMilne I liked the idea of "life support" but that also made me think of medical life support so I decided on this small alteration)

Small update, been recovering from covid and getting back to work. I legitimately forgot that I was writing this... Anyways I'm a bit stumped on how to write their relationship between them because I've never been in one, there might be some time skips in the future and there will be some drama shortly because writing happy situations is a tad bit boring