Chapter 18

Y/N's point of view

I woke up to the sound of my alarm. I woke up happy remembering Rodrick asked me out. I jumped out of bed and turned on the shower grabbing my clothes to wear while it was heating up.
(sugar we're going down is playing)

After getting dressed I ran to the kitchen grabbed some toast then headed to the van excited to see Rodrick aka my best friend that just asked me out last night!!!!

I got out to the van before Rodrick and stood by the van practically jumping up and down with excitement. Im looking up at his front door while music plays from my earbuds (i only have one in my ear so I can talk to him when he comes out).

Eventually I see the door open and he walks out, his head is turned back inside and he is saying something before he closes the door and looks up, those deep brown eyes meeting mine. His face turns red and he looks down.

Today his outfit seems a bit more put together (well as much as Rodrick could be), his hair a bit less messy and he has his eyeliner on which I've only really seen him wear for shows. He was still wearing a band t-shirt but there were less holes in it and the logo wasn't half worn off. Even the rips in his jeans looked intentional instead of accidents from being bumped into at shows.

"Rodrick!" I burst out excitedly taking my earbud out and putting it away.

"Hey dork" He replied timidly looking up with a completely flushed face.

"Im super excited for Friday! It's going to be so much fun."

"Of course," he tried to cover his blushing with his sarcastic humor I've gotten used to "you are going to be on a date with the best and hottest drummer ever"

Returning the sarcasm I replied "Oh no... I think you're mistaken, Im actually going to be on a date with you"

He acted like he was in a Telenovela, grabbing his chest as if he was just given the most heart breaking news "I can't believe you would say something so hurtful!"

I rolled my eyes and with a smile responded almost deadpan "I'm just such a horrible, monstrous person. Sometimes I can't even stand myself."

"Absolute worst" He laughed "About time to get in the car though nerd, considering how you never want to be late."
-------------------------------------------------------------
The day went by kinda slow at first but every class with Rodrick seemed to pass in less than 5 minutes. Some of the girls took notice that Rodrick was dressed a bit nicer than normal. People started some random gossip as to why. CC said she was happy I made it home safely eventhough I left her party early, I explained briefly what happened leaving out the fact the Rodrick asked me out.

At lunch I sat with both Rodrick and CC. CC probably saw that something was different between Rodrick and me but didn't really say anything about it. Eventually lunch was over with and we separated to go our own ways.

"Bye CC, see you later y/n~"
"See you later Rodrick" I smile at him

CC later confronted me via text during class

CC - You and emo boy are acting weird. What happened?

Me -What do you mean? I don't know what you're talking about

CC - BS! R you two together now?!? Like he was hardcore blushing. Everyone in school noticed something about him was strange today...

Me - I don't know, maybe he had an allergic reaction or something? I don't know. Anyway I have work I should be doing right now. TTYL