chapter 23

Y/N's point of view
After the diner we headed to the library so I could pickup some books to better explain some of the classes Rodrick was failing before heading back to my house.

We sat down on my bed and got started with math- scatter plots, quadratic equations, logarithmic equations, and so on- he looked extremely lost but after a few examples was able to somewhat understand the concepts. He was doing fairly good until we got to "i" aka imaginary numbers...

"Seriously. It's confusing enough, now I have to do shit that isn't even real!"

"I know, it's stupid but I would really love it if my boyfriend~ and I could celebrate our graduation together"

He spaced out for a minute while his face grew pinker and he hid a smile

"What does the book say... Nerd~"

We continued with math for a while before carrying on to English which wasn't as bad. After English we decided it was time for a break.

You walked over to your tv and put on a movie and sat down on your bed new to Rodrick. He moved his arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him. "What movie?" He asked as he rested him chin on my head. You leaned against him "it's one I haven't seen before but I thought you'd like it". After a few scenes You yawned which caused Rodrick to move a bit. "I can leave if you wanna take a nap".

"No I'm fine, I'm not that tired"...

You woke up Rodrick was asleep against you, his arms still around you. His breaths were deep and slow. He looked so relaxed and calm.

Trying not to wake him you leaned slightly forward to grab your phone.

"Mmmm..." His arms tighten around your waist. "Nooo 5 more minutes~"

"Babe, I'm just grabbing my phone." You grabbed your phone before leaning back against him

"What time is it" he asked sleepily

You looked at the phone "about 5:30"

Rodrick sighed "My mom is probably gonna want me home for dinner soon since I haven't been home all day so I can 'spend time with the family'" he rolled his eyes

"Try asking if I could come over for dinner, then you won't be stuck with your family and I could tell your mom that I'm tutoring you. Maybe then she'd leave you alone about it."

He took out his phone and called his mom. The conversation was really short. "Awesome!" He hung up. "Dinner is at 6. So we got 30 minutes"

"What you wanna do babe?" You asked

"I have a song I've been trying to get right if you wanna try and help."

You both spent time humming and coming up with lyrics until it was time to go, you weren't really making much progress but it was fun.