Chapter Twenty

Hi everyone! Happy New Year! I hope you all had a fantastic Christmas and a safe start to the New Year. I know times are tough, 2020 being one of the hardest years for many of us, but let's remember what doesn't kill us makes us stronger and we are moving onto bigger and better things! I apologise for no updates over this period, I've had family staying and it's been chaotic. This chapter is short but I wanted to get something out ASAP and I'll be working to have the next update out as soon as I can. Please stay safe and positive and enjoy the start of a New Year. I love you all, thank you so much for reading my stories and supporting me. I am forever grateful for every vote, comment, and message I receive from you. <3

Don't forget, I have loads of book recommendations (of Wattpad books and traditionally published) over on my Instagram and TikTok - laurenj_22

*

I am an idiot.

A really dumb, stupid, idiot.

It did not once, even for a split second, cross my mind that we should have used protection. Guys always have been prepared. I was so consumed with the need for it to happen, that nothing else entered my mind. Wren notices my change of attitude and his face pales for a moment.

"You're not regretting it, are you?"

"No, not at all."

He looks relieved. "Good. Thank God."

"It's just, I realised, we didn't..." I feel very awkward. I clear my throat. "Use any protection. I totally forgot about it."

He looks stunned for a moment, just as I had. "Oh. Fuck. I didn't even think of that."

"Me either," I touch his shoulder. "It's okay. Let's not panic."

He blows out a breath. "Sorry. That was totally my fault. I was wrapped up in the moment. I should have been better. I'm so sorry."

"It's okay, Wren. It's both of our faults, but let's not worry about it, okay? Unless we have to."

He blinks, realisation of my words sinking in. He nods slowly.

"Please don't let this ruin today. It's been so perfect," I murmur.

The smile I love stretches across his face. "Sure. Agreed. I really am sorry though."

"Me too." I kiss his cheek. "What would you like to do for the rest of the day?"

"You. In every position," he grins.

I roll my eyes. "Well. I won't protest that."

"Constance might," he laughs.

"You can swap out for the night," I shrug. "Do you have... protection?"

"No, actually," he says. "I haven't really needed it. But Harlow does, so I'll just steal some from him."

"We deserve it more than him," I nod seriously.

We're told we can re-enter the school and Wren pulls me to my feet. We part ways briefly. Since Harlow and all the others who were caught partying are being put in isolation, both rooms become available to us. Wren appears back at my door and same as before, we put my drawers over the entrance to stop anyone from being able to enter.

He waves several gold packets in the air, and they shine underneath the light in the room.

"Ready for me to rock your world?" Wren smirks.