Chapter Twenty Four

Hi everyone, so sorry I've been MIA. I took on a new writing job and was hoping I might be able to cut back a day with my other work, but in the same week, I got a big promotion! This is amazing news, but now my days are insanely busy. I've also been working on an offline project which has been taking up a lot of my spare time. I'm sorry that the updates take so long and the chapters are short, but I'll keep trying to get them out. Thank you for your patience!

*Sexual content is in this chapter*

"How was it?" Harold asks us as we pile into his car.

Sagging into the passenger seat, my head heavily leans back. "Awesome."

"Terrifying," I hear Wren mutter.

"Hmm?" Harold asks, glancing over his shoulder, not having heard what he said.

"It was really fun." I beam.

Harold smiles kindly at me before he pulls out of the car park. "Good to hear, Kiddo. You hungry?"

"Starving," we both answer.

We go through the drive thru on that way home and Harold parks the car near the river while we eat. I quietly chew as I watch the sun slowly sink into the horizon.

Today was so magical. So normal. I feel like this is how life is meant to be, and I've somehow missed out on it all.

"Do you want to head back to school tonight or early in the morning?" Harold asks.

"Definitely tomorrow," I say. I swivel in my seat. "Tomorrow?"

"Tomorrow," Wren nods.

"And of course you're welcome to stay again, Wren," Harold says in a muffled voice as he takes a large bite of his burger.

"Thank you," he says quietly.

"Good burger?"

Harold nods and offers me a thumbs up and sauce dribbles onto his shirt, leaving a dark red smear.

"How did you and Eileen meet?" I suddenly ask.

He finishes his mouthful and takes a long slurp of his drink. He messily wipes his hands on the napkins that were stuffed into the bag.

"We were at the library. She was trying to find a book and I showed her an easier way of trying to find authors and subjects." He smiles, his eyes drifting up to the sky for a moment. "I wanted to ask her out, but I got all nervous and tongue-tied. I stood there for about thirty seconds, just staring at her."

"Aw," I grin. "Did you end up asking, or did she?"

"Well, she asked me if I was okay, and then I sort of yelled at her." Harold's face flushes. "She said yes and we laughed about it. We met the next morning on campus for coffee."

"That's so sweet."

"And we spent every day together since."

My eyes move to the mirror, to see Wren's icy blue eyes in the reflection.

"How long have you been married?" Wren asks.

"Twenty-one years."

"Wow," I say. "That's amazing."

Harold smiles. "Don't know how she has put up with me for that long."

"Maybe she won't much longer when you come home with another stain," I giggle, pointing to the dark mark on his shirt.

"Ah heck," he mumbles, looking down at it. "You going to finish that?"

I look at my left-over fries and shake my head, passing them to him. We dispose of the rubbish at the bin nearby, before heading back to the house.

My feet drag up the stairs and my eyes feel heavy when I shower and dress. Ten minutes later, Wren enters my room, his hair wet, dripping onto his t-shirt.

Harold fell asleep on the lounge sometime during my shower, so we've decided to borrow the laptop to watch a movie. Wren climbs into bed beside me and slides under the covers. His thigh touches mine and my breath hitches.

The tiredness I was feeling ebbs away and the familiar crackle of tension fills the space around us. The air feels electric when he's close to me. His warm hand touches me waist and I push into him. The movie only just started, but the laptop is pushed away and forgotten about immediately.

Looping my arms around his neck, I kiss him. It's a long, deep kiss that sends tingles rushing to my toes. I've never experienced kissing like this and God, I am addicted.

My fingers fumble for his shirt and with one hand, he yanks it over his head. His skin is hot when he presses back down onto me.

"I don't want to disrespect Harold," he says.

"Harold won't know," I smirk, sliding my hands down his back.

He groans softly, moving his lips down my neck. His fingers slide in between the fabric of my underwear and my skin, before tugging them down my thighs. I reach for him and feel his hardness through his loose shorts. He kicks them off and I hook my leg around his, pulling him closer.

His thumb massages my opening and I gasp slightly when his fingers enter. They push inside me hard and deep. My eyes drift close as I moan, pressing into his hand, letting his fingers slide in deeper.

My hand moves against him in slow movements and I hear his breathing grow more ragged.

With a lingering kiss, he flips me onto my stomach. I can barely breathe as I move onto my knees.

"Okay?" he asks.

"Okay."

His hands rest on my hips. My heart thunders inside my chest as I hear him rip open the packet. Then, he pushes inside me. I bury my face into my pillow with a sharp intake of breath. He pauses for a moment, waiting for me to stretch around him, before he starts to slowly thrust.

My hands fist the sheets as he quickens his pace. I push back into him and move my hips with his. He bends over, his warm breath splashing across the back of my neck. His hand slides over my shoulder and gently rests over my neck.

"Tighter," I whisper.

His grip tightens as he continues to pump inside of me. My eyes screw shut and I bite into the pillow. I don't think either of us is going to last long. Heat swells inside my limbs as I feel everything inside my clenching. I feel my release come on strong and overwhelming. I cry out, gripping the sheets so hard, I fear I might rip the fabric with my nails.

"Fuck," I hear Wren groan before he releases as well.

Our heavy breathing fills the air as he slowly slides out of me and we collapse onto the bed. Sweat coats my skin and I dab it away with my shirt, feeling like I need to have another shower.

Wren's scent clings to me and I roll into him. He wraps his arm around me, even though we're both probably too hot to be cuddling.

"I'm glad we didn't go back to school tonight," he drawls with a breathy laugh.

I grin. "Me either."

------------------

Pls forgive me for the wait! And I hope you enjoyed a bit of spice!