11. Wedding night...

She walked to the centre of the room and tried to remove the gown. But oh heavens! In that moment she realised the simplest but the most beautiful and elegant gown she had chosen had thousand and one buttons at the back. Button which she hadn't paid any attention to. Buttons which were there in that position so that they can only be removed by someone's assistance and not by the bright herself.

"What the hell was I thinking when I chose this gown?" She tried once again to pull the buttons but all her attempts failed miserably.

Finally when left with no other choice she decided to go to Sam's nursery and ask the maid for help. When she opened the door of Sam's nursery it was just Sam in his crib sleeping soundly and the maid was nowhere to be seen.

"Maybe she left to her room now."
Sighing, she closed the door behind her and walked into the kitchen hoping to find a maid there but there was not even a single soul to be seen.

Feeling like a lost warrior she walked back to her room and once again tried to fight her battle with those buttons at the back of her gown while searching for a pair of scissors in the room at the same time.

"God, damn these!" she almost screamed in agony.

"Now who dared to irritate my beautiful wife?" she heard that deep drawl which had now succeeded in registering the face of its owner in her mind.

She turned around in complete shock almost collided with his hard chest.
When had he walked into the room and stood so close behind her, she had wanted to ask but before she could do so he snaked an arm around her waist as he closed the what little little distance was there between them.

She looked up in his eyes, half in shock and half frustrated.
"W- What are you doing here?" she almost stuttered and hated herself for it.

"I was just heading to my room when I heard my dear wife cursing something or... someone." he said as his grey gaze pierced her brown orbs.

"Err... that...I couldn't get these buttons at the back of my gown off. I went to look for the maid to ask for her help but even she isn't anywhere to be seen. A then..." Just then she realised his hand was still around her waist.
"Why are you standing so close to me?" Placing a hand on his chest she got out of his hold and created some much needed distance between them.

"The maids went to their quarters. If you need some help you can ask me." he said shrugging his shoulders.

Well... that hadn't struck her mind yet. She would have appreciated his kind offer if he was someone else but since he was Ashton King, asking him for this kind of help felt way more intimate and uncomfortable then it should have been.

" I will manage." she said hoping for him to leave quickly.

"Don't you think you have already lost the battle you were fighting against those buttons?" he pushed his hands in the pockets of his trousers.

He had removed his jacket, Lilly noticed. As he rolled his shoulders a little his shirt stretched outlining his hard muscles. She quickly averted her gaze and said, " I was about to look for a pair of scissors."

"Ah. But it would be a pity to shred such a beautiful gown into pieces."

Well, it was, she acknowledged but she had no other choice.

He took a step towards her and she quickly took a step back and that made him stop in his tracks.

"If you tear the gown into pieces what would the servants think when they will start cleaning tomorrow morning?" he asked as his lips lifted from a corner in a small smirk.