36. Another Storm...

It was really sweet and a bit hilarious as to where everyone's imagination was going on regarding "one thing Lilly forgot." 😅 Please enjoy!! ❣️

As the driver pulled the car through the morning streets of Boston Lilly sat at the back all smiley and excited. Finally, after so many days she was going to see him, hear him. She smiled but just then she realised one thing. She hadn't even thought of what exactly she would say to him.

'Fight him and ask why he had left you alone for so many days. He neither called nor messaged and left you to worry in his golden castle, her brain suggested.

'No. When you meet him hug him tightly and make him promise that he would never leave you like that again, her heart interrupted.

"Stop near the cafe, please," Lilly asked the driver and he obliged.

"Ashton has a meeting so I will wait in the cafe here." She lied about the meeting and said, "So you may park the car somewhere and wait. I would give you a call when I'd need you." she smiled as she got out of the car.

"Alright, Mrs King." the driver nodded and drove away.

Five minutes later, Lilly found herself a chair in the cafe just some metres down Ashton's office. Placing the order she waited for her latté while searching her mind for what all available options were there for her to speak. Contemplating whether to get mad at him or hug him tightly.

"Lilly."

A very familiar voice interrupted her thoughts and turning her head she saw one person she wanted to see the least, especially at this moment. Elsie.

Elsie walked to Lilly's table and took the chair opposite her. Lilly still hadn't forgotten Elsie's behaviour and her accusations of Ashton.
Angrily, she was about to get up and leave but then Elsie placed her hand on top of Lilly's stopping her from leaving.

"Please, Lilly."

Not wanting to cause a scene in front of Ashton's office Lilly swallowed the boiling anger as she hissed, "What do you want, Elsie?"

" I have no ill will towards you, Lilly. I just -"

"Look, Elsie, if you are going to say something against Ashton then I am not interested in any of your talks."

"No, Lilly. I am here just to show you something."

" I am not interested." Lilly was about to get up and leave but Elsie's next words made her stop.

" Ashton hasn't come home for almost a week. Right?"

Lilly frowned as she looked at the old woman in front of her. Was she keeping an eye on them, she worried but then gaining her composure she said," And what does that has to do with you?'

"Nothing with me but it should matter to you," Elsie said looking confident of her words.

"And what is that supposed to mean?" Lilly asked raising a brow.

Elsie took out her phone and slid it in front of Lilly for her to see.
"You need to rethink some of your decisions. Especially when Ashton already has someone by his side."

Elsie's words and the picture on the phone caught Lilly's attention. It was a picture of Ashton and there was another woman by his side. Dressed in a green dress with a deep neck in front it was looking as if the dress was barely able to hold her bosom in and she was pressing those breasts against Ashton's biceps.

It looked like a picture taken at a party but all Lilly could see was the lust in that woman's eyes who was clinging to her husband like a vine. The blood boiled in her veins at this.