45. Sticky notes...

Since that day Lilly started putting sticky notes with small messages for Ashton in all the places she knew he would easily find.
Ashton would smile every time he find a sticky note from his wife in his data sheet files or his coat pockets.

"Likewise, Mrs King." Ashton smiled placing the little message in a small box where he saved each and every note he got from his wife.

" Ashton smiled placing the little message in a small box where he saved each and every note he got from his wife

He laughed at the note while sitting in his office. "It's a big yes from me." he smiled.

"It's you who is beautiful

"It's you who is beautiful." He smiled. She just had no idea how amazing she really was.

 She just had no idea how amazing she really was

He chuckled at that MINE. He repeated the word in his head and his heart felt giddy. If she was claiming him then he was ready to be claimed.

"All these notes are written by Aadya, the writer. So any unauthorized exhibition, distribution or copying of these sweet little messages is an infringement of the relevant copyright and will subject the infringer to severe civil and criminal prosecution as well as a midnight call from the Driller-Killer.”

*****
Lilly pouted as her stock of sticky notes came to an end. She decided to shop for groceries along with some sticky notes. Getting ready for the day out she dialled Ashton's number and informed him that she and Sam were going for some shopping.

She had started this initiative so he would not worry about her leaving all of a sudden. She was allowed to step out of the house only on a condition that she will take his personal driver, she smiled and hoped to win his complete trust one day.

Lilly entered the mall with Sam while the guard was following them close behind. she shopped some new clothes for Sam and a tie for Ashton. Buying some groceries she bought a small purse for Grace as a gift.

The guard and driver helped with the bags while she pushed Sam's stroller. "Sam is hungry so I am taking him to the cafe down the street." She informed the men.

"Alright, Mrs King." The guard nodded.

A few minutes later the car was parked in front of the cafe. Lilly and Sam entered the shop while the driver and guard waited in the car with their eyes glued to the door.

"One iced coffee for me and an orange juice and pastry, if you have for this little one." Lilly gave the order as she placed the little boy beside her.

"Right away, Ma'am." The attendant smiled and disappeared to bring their order.

Lilly looked at Sam biting on his chew toy. It wasn't rush hour so she decided to do what she loved the most, that is talking to Sam.

"Hey, Samuel." she called to the baby and he looked up at her. "Say Daddy."

"Dee..." Lilly smiled at the boy.

"Ashton is going to love it when he hear you calling him dad. Let me make a video and send it to him." Saying, Lilly quickly took out her phone as she cooed to the toddler.
"Baby, say dad."

"Day..."

"Dee."

"Dee." Sam repeated.

"Daddy."

"Dayeee..."

Lilly laughed and sent the video to Ashton as she wrote another message for her husband.
'If you want to hear him call you dad with your own ears then come home soon, love.'

She smiled and tucked the phone in her purse. Their order arrived and she emptied the juice in Sam's sipper and gave it to the boy. She smiled at her little baby sipping hungrily on his orange juice as she continued with her iced coffee.

"Lilly."

She heard a strange yet familiar voice calling her name. As she looked at the source of sound she found Arthur, Ashton's dad in front of her.
A father who never cared for his son and instead of hugging his son and saying that it wasn't his fault that his mom died he too silently accused a naive five-year-old for his mother's suicide. She tried not to show her frustration at that and gave a small smile to the man.

Arthur walked to them and smiled, "I was just here to meet someone and saw you both so I thought I would just come and greet.''

"Hello." Lilly greeted.

"I hope you are doing fine." Arthur smiled as his eyes darted to the boy. "Would you mind if I hold him for a bit?"

At least he is asking for permission, Lilly tried to fight with her anger as she picked up the boy and held him towards the old man sitting in front of her.

Arthur took the boy in his hands as he smiled. "Hello, Sam."

Sam didn't look very happy but at least he didn't cry, Lilly noticed.

"How are you doing, son?" Arthur asked again but the boy didn't say anything. He just continued looking at the stranger maybe trying to recall where he had seen him last.

"How is your wife doing, Sir?" The words were out of her mouth before she realised.

(1069 words)