1: Welcome to Teyvat!

"Cool it!"

Kaeya landed his final blow, finally killing the Electro Hypostasis and leaving a Ley Line blossom in it's place.

From behind the screen, Y/N let out a sign of relief, leaning back into her chair with a loud thud. It was 3 AM on a Tuesday morning, but clearly, grinding to AR 50 was more important than getting some sleep before school. So what if she had a history project due the next morning? She had artifacts to farm, and bosses to fight. Schoolwork could wait, but weapon ascension domains couldn't.

Y/N stretched her arms up into a large, wide-mouthed yawn. Her eyelids suddenly felt heavy. She sniffed a metallic scent: as if an electric current had circuited, or if plastic was being burned over an open fire. Y/N hissed as she felt a blistering sear scald the back of her neck. 

Her arms couldn't move, and she could barely react. For she had already lost consciousness, her vision blacked out by an infinite darkness.

...

Y/N was awoken by a soft breeze tickling her skin. 

She shot up in panic, her eyes now fully widened. Why was she outside? There were flowers scattered around the green landscape, sunlight shining sparkles onto the river, trees decorated with gorgeous, orange fruit. 

Suddenly, it clicked.

She jumped up and sprinted to the fruit tree. Y/N snatched one into her hands, feeling the soft, fuzzy skin against her palms.

"Sunsettia?" Y/N gagged.

It was impossible to make sense of the nonsensical. Being transported into Teyvat? It was a dream come to life, but it was impossible. Simply impossible. Had Y/N been so sleep-deprived that she was now having hallucinations?

"Ugh." she groaned, massaging her temples with her spare hand. "Might as well go with it..."

After all, if this truly was a dream, she would awake soon and go back to living her normal life.

"YAAAGH!"

A collective battle cry interrupted her journey. 

A group - maybe six or seven - monkey-like creatures waddled towards Y/N like a herd of toddling ducks. 

But it was only a dream, and dreams can't hurt you.

That's what Y/N affirmed herself as she rushed towards the enemy, swiftly grasped at her sides to reach for her weapon.

...Only, she had no weapon.

"Ugh! Dammit!" she spat, still charging towards the hilichurls.

Even with such a sad excuse of a group of enemies, Y/N had no way to attack.

She sighed.

"I can't believe I'm doing this..." she muttered under her breath.

In a split second, she spun the other way and sprinted along the path as fast as her bare-feet could carry her.

"Yaaagh!"

A hilichurl immediately charged at her as the rest of the group growled behind. 

"Halt!" a voice interrupted Y/N's battle. 

An arrow brimmed with fire pierced the hilichurl's face, merely missing Y/N on it's trail. The ignited metal tip seared a slit down the side of her cheek. But she barely paid it any mind, too focused on a cheeky brunette with a red, bunny ear headband boasting with her hands placed proudly on her hips on top a gray stone.

The stranger lowered her gaze down to Y/N, her face softening into a bright smile

"Greetings, traveler! I am Amber, Outrider of the Knights of Favonius! Here to-"

"There's no need to declare yourself every time," a snarky male voice interrupted.

Another knightly figure followed closely behind, twirling his glistening, metal sword in his hands laced with black gloves. 

"I'll take the front, back me up from behind." he instructed.

Amber puffed out her cheeks. "Don't be surprised if I shoot one of my arrows at you, Kaeya."

Y/N gawked with her jaw on the floor as the Cavalry Captain charged forwards, dragging the tip of his sword along the ground. He threw himself into a flurry of blades and clubs, slashing and lunging as if he was performing a waltz.

A hilichurl crept up behind Kaeya as he was distracted.

"Watch out!" Y/N warned.

Amber jumped down from her rock, her bow retracting with a 'pluck' as she shot the creature right in the head. It yelped and flailed like a fish out of water, before succumbing to the flames and becoming limp on the ground.

The cut from Amber's arrow was still fresh on her cheek. The gash didn't faze her, but the lingering pain did.

She felt a stinging sensation. It was impossible to feel any physical sensations whilst dreaming. Y/N widened her eyes - for it had finally clicked in her mind that this had become reality.

Kaeya raised an eyebrow as he stared at the girl, staring aimlessly with her mouth gaped open at the stain of red liquid tainted on her thumb.

"Does it really hurt that much?" he chuckled.

Y/N whipped her head up. Kaeya was talking to her?

Kaeya was talking to her. And Amber had scratched her cheek.

"Oh- uh..." she sputtered as the two knights stifled a laugh at her choice of clothing. She wished she could tell them that her outfit wasn't intentional. Why couldn't she? Y/N wasn't sure.

"Anyway," Kaeya sighed, "Care to explain what you're doing out here? You don't look like you're from Mondstat."