32: Loose Screw

okay heres a quick recap before we start the chap 

chapter 14 and 15 (the meeting, unveiled)

- the fatui planted some sketchy devices in mondstat

- they sent a warning to the knights not to let anyone outside at night while they planted them, which is why aether was all panicked and all in the first few chapters and why childe was there and diluc was super sus of y/n.

- they don't seem like they wanna directly attack bc they acc give warnings

- they don't know what they're for, but albedo says they emit a very very very small amount of elemental energy that would only be enough to attract while animals

- they come to the conclusion that the fatui are trying to seize control over the nation by creating a famine (which is why they sent y/n to liyue to learn how to dry meat so they could prepare)

chapter 16, 18 ("you're from earth, aren't you?", the mark)

- alo is a guy from earth, and he told venti about genshin impact and stuff

- he got caught in a massacre in fontaine but is assumed to be alive

- he and y/n have the same mark on the back of their necks.

chapter 7 (the aftermath)

"Name: (F/N) (L/N)

Age: 16-18

Sex: Female

Affiliation: The Adventurer's Guild

Vision: None

Weapon: Polearm

Land of Origin: Unknown

Y/N shows signs of otherworldly physical training: moderate stamina, high agility, high strength.

Displays no experience in fighting against monsters 

Otherworldly; no information yet

Y/N leaves elemental traces in areas she passes through, yet shows no sign of ability to manipulate elemental energy "

OKAY ENJOY THE CHAPTER !!!

...

Y/N lied on her fluffy mattress, her palms falling over the side to rest on the Angel's Share's wooden floor. It had been about an hour since she and Diluc had returned to the city. There were only a mere few hours left before the sun would rise, and yet, Y/N was still wide awake.

There was a dreadful feeling she couldn't seem to shake off. She recalled: when she passed by the device, her entire body became numb, as if she was fully entranced by the capsules illuminating, blue light. The colour made the back of her neck burn, and it placed a voice in Y/N's head, constantly urging for her to shatter the glass containing the bubbly liquid.

That never happened before, even when she first found a capsule with Venti. So why did it happen now? Alo had the same mark too, so did he experience the same reaction? 

Why was there a reaction? Weren't the Fatui aiming to attract wild animals? Did the elemental energy end up attracting her instead?

Y/N groaned and flipped onto her side. All this thinking was making her head hurt. A thought slipped into her mind: that the Fatui might know something about Alo, and her origins. But that thought was pushed aside as soon as it appeared.