11: Adventures in Liyue (I) - Xinqiu

THIS CHAP AND THE NEXT TWO ARE FILLER SO YOU CAN SKIP IF YOU WANT but like why not read them ahahhahahhaa

so i've been thinking abt how im going to format the next few chapters in liyue, and i've decided to make a three-part series of one-shots about 3 different characters. xinqiu will be the first one because stan him lmao

...

Liyue; a bountiful, prosperous city dwelling under the protection of a vast mountaintop and a lavish harbor. It's culture was rich, it's merchant's were wealthy. It's archon, on the other hand, was quite the opposite.

Sitting by a small teashop in Qingce village, Y/N couldn't decide which view she preferred: the bustling, exhilarating city view from a mountaintop, or the tranquil, sentimental landscaping of the Qingce farming fields. The townspeople had been incredibly generous ever since the traveler arrived; village elders offering her different fruits and teas, the children picking her flowers and begging for her to play with them.

It was her first day in Liyue wandering freely without Aether to guide her. The journey felt strange without Paimon's constant wailing, but it was quite serene as well. Y/N was able to make a stop anytime she wanted, whether it be to admire the incredible sights or to rest her aching legs.

She should probably start heading back, Aether wanted her to meet some of his friends for dinner tonight.

"Please reconsider, kind sir. Your chivalrous and heroic deeds will be compensated with honor and  an admirable reputation. We will succeed, and you'll be known as a savior in all of Liyue. One fight, and the glory is all yours."

A gentle voice caught Y/N's attention as she stood up to bid her farewells. The adventurer looked over to spot a young, navy-haired boy with a small, composed stature and an elegant appearance. He was speaking to a small group of tough-looking adventurers, who looked at the boy in utter disbelief.

"Hell no! Do you have a death wish or something, kiddo? It's suicide tryna' fight that beast and you know it! We ain't risking any lives here!", one of them responded.

"But-"

"No buts! C'mon guys, we're getting out of here. Kids are maniacs these days..."

With that, the group of adventurers walked away, leaving the boy by himself. He looked awfully disappointed, giving an exasperated sigh as he plopped himself onto a bench.

"Bummer.", he muttered.

That's when he spotted Y/N, staring at him in confusion with her heavy weapon by her side. She looked swift, cunning, observant. The ideal adventurer.

Perfect.

"Good afternoon, ma'am!", he called out to the girl, who stared back at him, dumbfounded. "Would you be interested in hearing out my considerable request?"

"What? Are you talking to me?", asked Y/N, looking around to see if the boy's words were directed at someone else.

"Precisely."

Reluctant and confused, the adventurer scooted over towards the navy-haired boy. Upon closer inspection, she realized that it was none other than the "Guhua Geek" himseld.

Xinqiu.

"Tell me, traveler, have you ever heard of the Rhodiea of Loch residing in these very waters? Or perhaps, the term Oceanid of Qingce sounds more familiar... ", 

Y/N blinked. Just what was this guy implying?

"Uhhhh...yes?"

Xinqiu's eyes lit up as he clasped his hands togethor.