7: The Aftermath

sorry for the update gaps guys, my schoolwork's rlly been piling up lol.

you guys are way too funny with your comments lmao, i scream every time i read them. i love them. they're amazing. thank you guys frfr.

anyways, heres the chapter!

...

"Did you succeed?"

Childe awoke on a comfy bed in an empty, wooden room. Paintings of Fatui alumni decorated the walls, an oak chandelier was hung above a white carpet. On the nightstand beside him sat his freshly-cleaned clothes, his vision, his delusion, and a glass of warm water.

He sluggishly sat up too see a short boy with navy blue hair, sharply glaring at him with his dark eyes bolded with red eyeliner. 

Childe looked around the room, scanning the familiar setting.

"Why did you bring me back..."

"Answer the question." the boy interrupted coldly.

Childe sighed defeatedly and looked away from the boy's gaze in annoyance.

"Yes, Scaramouche. The devices were successfully implemented. You can carry out the plans as usual, yadayadayada."

"Good."

The two stayed silent for a while, when Scaramouche asked a question out of the blue.

"You didn't run into any casualties, did you?"

"No. Why?"

The blue-haired boy narrowed his eyebrows. Childe was a terrible liar.

"What, so you want me to believe you simply tripped over a rock and ended up with a slice across your chest? You don't honestly think that's believable, right?", he scoffed.

"Why does it matter?" Childe whined with his head hung back.

"I completed the mission like you wanted me too! Stop being so obsessed with me, you're not even my type."

Scaramouche twitched in irritation. He was finding it hard to restrain himself from drop-kicking the other harbinger while he was still injured. Nevermind, he would be sure to get revenge later.

"Anyways," he rolled his eyes. "Tsaritsa is very pleased, the summoning worked."

Childe raised an eyebrow.

"Oh, it did now?"

...

Back in Mondstat, played a similar scene.

Y/N awoke in a room inside the cathedral. Sunlight shone through the stained-glass windows, casting colorful shadows onto the glossy floors. Her bed was soft, much cozier than what she had been sleeping on for the past two nights.

"Ah! You're awake!" a warm voice welcomed.

Y/N looked over to see a young girl in a navy, white, and gold uniform, her blonde hair tied up into two neatly curled pigtails.

She gazed at the adventurer with concern in her bright, blue eyes.

"You suffered from some pretty bad burns on your neck, you were blacked-out exhausted too.", the girl said as she held her hand to Y/N's forehead, testing her body temperature.

 "But don't worry, you're alright now! I used my abilities to fasten the healing process of your wound. It should be completely cleared by tonight."