12 - crystal

harry styles

Holy shit.

I think I might have, like, a chance?

Well, I don't want to get my hopes up, because who knows if Ashton even likes me, but I'm still pretty fucking excited.

With Sadie out of the picture and Ashton and I closer than ever after our jam session in the car Saturday night, all I really have to do is gain the guts to ask her on a date.

The thing is, I've already tried to do that, and she misunderstood it. So how do I do it without seeming completely out of the blue, but also making sure she knows I want to go out with just her?

I guess I could make it casual, right? Like, just hang out as friends at first and then progress it from there. We're already becoming pretty good friends. People always say they're friends before they fall in love, so maybe that'll be the best route.

Though if  get stuck in the friend zone, I'll probably have to drop the friendship, because I truly don't know if I could do it.

I thought at first I was going to have to be the only one to make moves to hang out with her, but she's the one that suggested coming out to the car with me on Saturday, so maybe I'm wrong.

But I also don't want to wait for her to do that. I'm not even one hundred percent sure that she would come to me first, but if she does, it probably won't be until this weekend. That's too far away.

Drew has been giving me so much shit, though.

Rightfully so, because I'm still trying to somewhat deny the fact that I'm head over heels for a girl I met not even two weeks ago.

I'll admit to him that I've got a little crush, but not that she's practically the only thing going through my head 24/7.

Because that just seems pathetic.

It is pathetic.

Me:

hey

I sent that twenty minutes ago.

Still no reply.

I'm shitting myself.

Is it too dry? I thought of skipping the niceties, but just going straight into what I want to ask her seemed wrong. I needed at least a little bit of a build up, and I also need her attention for it, because if it was my question stuck on delivered for  twenty minutes, I'd be more than just shitting myself.

Maybe I should have done something other than just 'hey,' though. I just thought I scared her with the 'corpses' thing the other night, so I would go more casual. Should I double text her?

No. No, Harry.

Me:

are you doing anything thursday night?

Well.

My phone dings almost immediately, which makes me wonder why she hadn't answered my first text.

Ashton:

not sure. any reason?

I'm quick to respond, my stomach in my ass, hoping to god she doesn't reject me.

Me:

i just got my check from the garcia wedding. wanna help me spend it?

I could probably use my check on other, life-supporting things, but, honestly, Ashton seems to be the only thing happening in my life right now.