extra - kiwi

surprise ;)
a little thank you for 10k. set about 4.5 months after the last chapter. love u. thank u thank u thank u.

May 13th

His breathing picks up with every second I let it, and the corner of the hallway narrows in on us as I reach it. My back meets the soft drywall, careful to stop my clothes from making noise sliding across it. Two steps sideways to touch the edge and I take a stabilizing breath to calm the excitement.

My foot rounds the corner first, followed by the rest of my body in a ready stance: hands up with fingers splayed, eyebrows high on my forehead, and nose scrunched with a growl screamed tight from my throat.

His face seems similar for only a second, then is taken over by a dropped jaw and a yelp. He stumbles back with a hand on his heart and a steadying breath while I laugh in success.

"You're sneaky, little bear." Harry wags a finger in my direction and pushes back the curls on his forehead that fell from the bun he's placed behind his head. His forehead is laced with sweat from our busy morning, and the waistband of his sweat shorts is rolled up underneath the hem of the sweat-coated tank top adorning his torso.

"You can't scare me, baby. I'm always one step ahead." I shrug, innocent smile catching a shine in the corner. Without an opportunity to say any more or check him out again, Harry's feet are diving forward, sending mine running back down the hallway with a squeal. I don't make it much more than a couple of feet, as Harry's strides are that of a cheetah when he wants them to be, and he captures my waist with both arms, my feet leaving the ground.

My body is tossed over the back of the couch immediately, Harry following closely behind and landing his legs precisely crisscrossed with mine as his hands find my face.

"I'll get you one day," he murmurs, both of our chests heaving. I grin below him, reaching up to move his hand from my jaw to my lips, puckering them against it for a kiss.

"We'll see about that."

Harry's eyebrows fly up on his face. "Oh yeah?"

Before I have the chance to give him my smug response, his knuckles are digging into my sides, sending me folding in on myself with a cackle escaping me.

"Stop! Stop!!!!" I scream, my squeals fading out into giggles as he relents. Harry's fingers instead find my smiling cheeks, squishing them in one hand and pushing my lips to pucker.

"Take it back," he smiles.

I force out my voice through my pursed lips and cheeks, "I take it back! You are so scary, baby. You'll definitely get me."

Harry's face switches to a smile, a complimented gasp leaving his throat when his free hand flies to his chest in a faux-shock, still holding my face in the other. "Thank you, Ash. That means a lot."

My eyes roll back to my head, and I manage to pry Harry's fingers off of my cheeks in time to scold him. "You are relentless."

His face is right in front of mine in no time, grinning ear to ear and eyes boring into mine. "You love it, though, huh?"

Another eye roll. "Yeah. I do."

His grin grows three sizes, mouth falling to whisper right into my ear, "does that mean you still want me to move in with you?"

My voice matches his. "Well, half of your boxes are already up here. How much of a choice do I have?"

"Mmmm," he hums, "none."

My head falls back on the couch as I let out a hideous cackle: something I would have been extremely embarrassed about with anyone else and would have hidden. Harry loves me through it. He loves me because of it, and I've learned to trust that. It makes me love him even more.