~Mission 12 (January 3rd-16th)~

Happy New Year!!! Anyone set any reading or writing resolutions? Feel free to let us know!

My sincere apologies for not updating points for the previous mission as of yet (although as it's not public information, you probably hadn't noticed!). The holidays caught up with me and I will update both this mission and last mission's points together and get those rewards to you asap!

You might be noticing that the same books are coming up more frequently in the mission selections. It's the same story - we are still in need of new members. If you have any ideas for new ways of promoting the club, we'd love to hear them! Comment inline here, or send lionobsession a PM.

Also, from next week, you may notice a huge drop in names for each genre. As mentioned previously, if you don't read and/or comment the number of chapters you've read without a reason for two consecutive missions, you won't be in consideration for BotM. Unfortunately, we have now had certain members go silent for three, even four missions. This means, we will not be including those people as members (i.e. their names won't be included in a shoutout each mission). It saddens me to write this message, as on the whole, we have some very dedicated members. But a book club thrives on active members and support. If you think this is you, please do speak to your admin or to lionobsession. If there's something about the club that doesn't work for you, we'd like to know. Thank you.

Book of the Mission

For FANTASY members lionobsession, BookAddictAR, Owls1221, Dante_Greywolf, and AuthorJMColes, the BotM is:

Owls1221's 'LOD: The Return of the Dark Father #1'

"What happens when Fearian Grevalon, who's been a criminal and the black sheep, tried to rid his misbehaviour in order to be accepted by his strict society? He received their consent and stayed with his family who he had abandoned long ago, he tried to be as good as possible to them. Especially his father who he mistreated as well.

Things went well for both Fearian and his father, until he made a mistake that caused him to receive a penalty from the king. That is to leave the Meanian Kingdom once and for all.

He was against the idea yet he knew he'll struggle with his actions, so he accepted his punishment. However, he somehow knew that his family, specifically his father, were in danger when he heard a whisper about his father's demise.

So he has little time to figure out who's going to harm them, and he has to find out quickly before he becomes an outcast."

*Note: This story contains violence and strong language. If you feel you cannot read certain parts or read at all, please notify your admin or a manager.

***

For TEEN FICTION members SomeWeirdPotatoes, theskybluewriter, Papa_Reubs, SummerDarcyWrites, Shia_Tresh, and honorary member Laz-lequil,  the BotM is:

Shia_Tresh's 'The Art of Desperation'

"Out of all things, she picked the one that will pierce her heart. Because even though she knows it will hurt her, at least it will make her feel something, and that is worth everything.

That's how desperate she is."

***

For PARANORMAL members equinoxmoon, Indulgentreader, Ambia_Khatun, and elizabethtrupiano, the BotM is:

Indulgentreader's 'Part of Me'

"Connor had no idea that meeting Kate would unravel a dangerous series of events.

Kate had no idea that meeting Connor would thrust her into a world of danger.

What is known is a lie, life long friendships are destroyed and sometimes love arrives at the wrong time."

*Note: This story contains mature content. If you feel you cannot read or continue to read on, please notify your admin or a manager.

The Task

~ Read as many chapters as you'd like of the Book of the Mission. Remember, the more you read, the further you climb the rewards ladder.

~ At the end of each chapter, leave an overall comment with the tag #AmazonLily. You should know the level of detail we look for from the entry process.

~ At the end of the mission, comment on this chapter how many parts you completed. The deadline is 16th January so the next mission can begin promptly on the 3rd.

~ Any questions or queries, please tag your admin. (Fantasy - lionobsession, Teen Fiction - SomeWeirdPotatoes, Paranormal - lionobsession)