~Mission 13 (January 17th-30th)~

Hello everyone! A couple of things before I list the mission books.

Firstly, we're on another GENRE SWITCH UP mission. There are a few reasons for this, the main one being that due to inactive members, some of the genres will only have one or two books to read. Having a Genre Switch Up gives more options for those readers to critique.

On the topic of members, we're really low. This is the lowest our member count has been since we set up. However, after your suggestions last week, we have some plans to tackle this.

1. We now have a book club Instagram! You can find us: @wonder_writers. We'd love to generate some fun posts, so each time you pass ANY of the reward levels, you can have a quote from your book added as a post. How this'll work is I (lionobsession) will send you a PM asking for a quote. I'll turn it into an eye-catching post, along with your book title and WP username. This is optional for those of you who don't want this - I just thought it would be some great promo for you as well as the club!

2. We want to hold a contest! We've had a few ideas for what sort of things to hold, but we'd really like your input. Here at Amazon Islands, we like being a bit different, providing insight and feedback into different aspects of writing (hence rewards such as blurb critiques). Therefore, we're looking to do something different than the usual 'read six chapters from books in a certain genre'. Some ideas we've had are:

- First chapter contest (where only the first chapter is read and judged)

- Graphics contest (either designing a new graphics for the book club, or one book from each genre of the club)

- Prompt contest (write 500 words based on a prompt)

Any other ideas, please let us know. Similarly, give us your thoughts on which of these you'd prefer. 

Depending on which idea proves the most interesting to you/the most popular, we'll ask around for judges. We would like the judges to come from within the club. As this will higher the workload per mission, we will be awarding mission points for judges. I'll go into more detail when we've consolidated on an idea.

In the meantime, keep promoting! Remember, our club is open to both writers and readers alike!

Thank you!

Now, here are the books featured in this Genre Switch Up Mission:

Books of the Mission

BookAddictAR's 'Donkeyskin'

"Princess Lorelei of Arland has always wished she could be recognized as her father's heir and change the kingdom she grew up in for the better.

Now seventeen, she knows it's impossible but that she can still make a difference. Her first step will be to free her friend Fiern, a goldonkey who's been held prisoner by generations of kings, including Lorelei's father.

But her own fate gets in the way, forcing Lorelei to leave everyone and everything behind."

*Note: This story contains mature content (violence and attempted rape). If you feel you cannot read certain parts or read at all, please notify your admin or a manager.

***

Due to lack of members and books, there are no teen fiction stories for this mission. Apologies.

***

equinoxmoon's 'NOTUM: Study of a Nightwalker'

"An old factory in a barren field. A sprawling family manor was recently renovated into an international hotel. With its quaint streets with cafes, antique lamp-posts and rustic comforts, it is a town clothed in blooms, forests and apples.

Rasüte could be described in these three lines to any outsider visiting it. To an inhabitant, however, the town soon becomes a house of mirrors. It becomes an infernal laboratory maze, where humans are the mice chasing chunks of cheese.

He introduced himself as Neil Haufer in the meetings. His mirror reflection always showed a dark skinned man in his mid thirties. He had bid goodbye to his wife and six year old daughter when he started his journey that day. He trusted his two co-workers, the shy Firenze Di Mario and the introverted Helga Koch, completely when they walked into town.

But as the three  learn, Rasüte changes people in ways more than one. The stakes are their lives, their memories, and their very essence. Taunting them in the darkness that is the town, with its unwilling allies, is the prime experimenter trying to create a creature called a Nightwalker."

*Note: This story contains mature content. If you feel you cannot read or continue to read on, please notify your admin or a manager.

The Task

~ Read as many chapters as you'd like of the any of the Books of the Mission. Remember, the more you read, the further you climb the rewards ladder.

~ At the end of each chapter, leave an overall comment with the tag #AmazonLily. You should know the level of detail we look for from the entry process.

~ At the end of the mission, comment on this chapter how many parts you completed. The deadline is 30th January so the next mission can begin promptly on the 31st.

~ Any questions or queries, please tag lionobsession