16: library (c.c.)

imagine:
tom riddle catches you sneaking in the restricted section.

_________

The warm rays of sunlight rested gently on your brittle skin as you shivered in silence, enduring the cold breeze that seemed to have blanketed you. Your gaze was fixed upon the Potions' textbook as you fiddled with your thumb in boredom. It was only an hour until your free period was over, and you would have to drag yourself out of your comfort zone and take that dreadful potions' test.

An unsettling feeling eased into your brain as you had realised something was missing. You threw your head back over your chair, groaning softly so you weren't disturbing the other students. You felt your migraines gradually find its way back to you as you began to clutch onto the edge of the table, going over your thoughts to remember what you had forgotten.

Then it finally hit you: the restricted section. It was something in the restricted section that had intrigued you. Desperation and an awfully strong urge clouded your thoughts as your mind drifted off from the textbook. It was difficult for you to focus again as you were utterly set on getting your hands on the book again.

Breaking away from your cocoon of books, you slowly sneaked into the restricted section, where the light gradually died down. A wave of anxiety rushed over you as footsteps of someone else's filled your ears. You were allowed in the restricted section once; you should simply use that excuse once more. However, this wasn't the usual pace the old librarian would walk.

"Here for something?" a low, male voice abruptly spoke from behind you, startling you. You hastily turned around, swinging your wand towards you.

"Wha-" you gasped, grasping onto your wand as tightly as you could with the tip of the wand viciously pointing at a particular, familiar young man. "Tom?"

"I could simply have you reported and sent to the headmaster," he said, his voice almost monotonous. You spotted a hint of his enjoyment in the art of intimidation, but it barely made you flinch. You were rather infuriated and irritated by it.

"Oh dear Tom," you chuckled, rolling your eyes at the tall boy, "have me reported all you want, darling, I have permission."

He glared at you, flames dancing in fury behind those tinted blue eyes. His mere intense gaze could almost burn through your brittle skin, but your fearlessness was a shield of armour. He crossed his hands as he inhaled the cold air in defeat.

"Fine."

You smiled in victory, raising your eyebrow at the enraged boy.

"I'll be on my way now," you announced, giving him a wink before disappearing out of his sight.

You strolled further into the library, your fingers tracing over the sides of the dusty hard covers. What you were searching for still remained a mystery to you, but you were hoping it would somehow find it along the way. You were lured in deeper into the library by desperation and curiosity, but the deeper you went, the more uneasy you felt. A wave of anxiety had even washed over you as you began to realise you couldn't even comprehend the names of the book covers. They were in odd languages that at one point aren't even Latin, as it normally is for unfathomable books.

"Fuck," you whispered under your breath as you were suddenly stopped by a low, growly breathing against your neck.

"You're not allowed any further down the library."