14: defender (c.c.)

imagine:
you're one of tom riddle's followers and you get into an argument with lestrange in one of the meetings, but tom riddle defends you.

_________________

The silence was deafening.

You sat two seats away on Tom's left, gazing down at your feet as you felt his rage engulf the room. Its toxicity practically throttled the life out of everyone in the room; it was unbearable and overwhelming. You looked up, you gaze slowly moving towards him when your eyes met his, causing your heart to pound even faster with anxiety. Tom could feel your fear, the mixture of emotions swirling around you stomach and making you nauseous. You inhaled sharply, a painful ache hitting you in the stomach. You winced in pain, grasping onto your stomach as your shaky breath broke the overwhelming silence.

"Fuck," you whispered, gazing down to your seat.

"Shut up, god."

You turned towards the person who said that to see the one and only Lestrange shooting you a dirty look. His filthy glare was enough to make you feel angry, but his words made you enraged with madness. Tom's wrathful energy began to die down as he observed your rage fill the room.

"What's your problem, Reinhard?" you sneered.

"Can't keep your mouth shut as always," he complained.

"I barely say a thing in these meetings, you're the one who's constantly cutting off Tom's sentences with your stupid nonsense!"

At that point, everyone gasped at you, shock in their eyes as they heard the Dark Lord's name escape your lips out of anger. It finally hit you that you had said it, and you slithered down in your chair, your jaws clenching at your stupidity. You couldn't control it anyway; most of the time, you called the Dark Lord 'Tom' as you mostly talk to him outside of meetings and in public. You glanced at Tom, chewing your lips in anxiety, only to see an amused smile plastered on his face.

He was quite amused how people genuinely feared going against the rules circulating around, and not the rules that he had fixed upon them. He hadn't even begun speaking about his title with the rest of his followers, yet their fear had decided to give him their full respect out of fear.

However, you intrigued him. He knew you perceived him as a friend, and the sole purpose of you joining the death eaters was for the greater good of the wizarding world—not for doing the Dark Lord's deeds—and he had persuade you so to join for that sole reason.

"Sorry... Lo—"

"Don't," he cut you off, almost snickering.

"You could know better, Y/N," Lestrange spat back once again, determined to drag you down. You shot him a glare, utterly tired of this impulsive arguments that comes up out of nowhere so you kept silent.

"Too weak to speak up?" he chuckled, pulling out his wand. You felt a wave of anxiety wash over you as you watched him holding his wand. Who knew what he was going to do? You couldn't let him pull anything in you, especially when you were on your period.

And Tom Riddle knew that as well. It all made sense to him, the sudden outburst and you, out of everyone, breaking the silence.