19: sleepless (c.c.)

imagine:
you're losing sleep and tom riddle comforts you.

in his tom riddle way.

________

It baffled you how slow the day went by-you gradually dragged your way across the castle, carelessly bumping into rushed students darting left and right to their classes. Your eyelids weighed heavier and heavier by the second, yawns growing wider and obvious whenever you found yourself zoning out during classes. As soon as classes finally finished, you headed to your dormitory, tripping down your way to the cold, dark dungeons. An unavoidable, dark energy lurked behind you, leering at you with its dark, narrow eyes of pure malignant.

"Y/N," a low voice spoke behind you, slightly startling you.

You turned around tiredly, your bloodshot eyes meeting a familiar, broody pair of deep, blue eyes.

"Oh for the love of god," you sighed hopelessly, your head dropping down. The mere sight of Tom Riddle had you sighing all the energy that was left in you, leaving your exhausted corpse and your drained soul standing before the tall, slender prefect.

"God isn't real, Y/N," he scoffed, turning away in disgust, "so is that sleep schedule you've flushed down the toilet."

"Is it that obvious?" you chuckled tiredly, slightly falling back as your feet lost control.

"You're the only oblivious one, darling."

You nodded, shutting your eyes to feel a cool breeze caressing your skin, but all that had touched you was the firm grasp of Tom Riddle's awfully long hands on your wrist. Before you could say a word, a numb sensation engulfed you as your physical body dissipated into fog, only to find yourself in an unfamiliar, neat dorm.

Tom's grasp on you loosened, finally letting go with a satisfied, small smile plastered on his face. You gazed around curiously, eyeing a perfectly made bed, his books orderly stacked in his bookshelf, and his desk, simply an immaculate sanctuary of knowledge. His emerald green curtains fell from the very top of the ceilings to the ground, covering half the window. Your eyes widened as you spotted a book you had once laid eyes on in the restricted section of the library, yet you kept shut, knowing the consequences of speaking up of particular topics.

"What the hell am I doing here?" you sneered.

"I'm not taking any chances with your sleep deprived arse; we've got a bloody presentation tomorrow and you're not screwing this up for me," he grumbled, tossing his bed to his desk and as his arms reached out to his bedside table, an empty glass went shooting through the air and landed on his palms, leaving you speechless and perplexed.

"R-right," you stammered, realising it was a magic school and telekinesis wasn't something special. "But what am I doing here?"

"Oh, you'll be sleeping here," he chuckled, grabbing a pot of water sitting by the corner of the desk, "and I'm not taking 'no' for an answer."

"First of all, I'm not agreeing to this," you jeered, "and you can't do anything about it."

Tom's eyebrow arched as he chuckled, "oh really?"

You growled as you rudely pointed the middle finger at him, before barging out of his room only to find it locked. You furrowed your eyebrows as you began putting more force in the locked door, puffing and scoffing in disbelief. Tom's smirk on his face only grew by the minute as he watched you helplessly open a magically locked door.