6: muggle (c.c.)

imagine:
tom riddle's sole mission in life is to get rid of mudbloods, but little does he know that you're a muggle.

____________

"Remember when I told you I opened the chamber of secrets?" Tom asked, staring at your features as you were completely distracted by your charms homework.

You gave a little nod, indicating that you listening to him, but really you just didn't want to make him feel bad. Tom Riddle, naive as ever, smiled and went on about how his life plan was to dominate this world and become the greatest wizard of all time. You, however, didn't believe a single word he said. He might have had the potential, but it was merely a dream and you both were barely adults.

You sighed, pulling your pen down. In the middle of his rambles, you glanced at him hopelessly, grabbing his face and drawing him close to yours to make sure he listened to every word you say. As surprised as he was at this gesture, he didn't feel the need to back away or be weirded out-after all, you two were very close.

"Tom," you sighed, glancing down at his hands, which seemed to be resting on your thighs, then looking back into his blue eyes. "World domination isn't something that can happen overnight."

His lips curled into a small smile when you slowly let his face go.

"I'm aware, that's why I've been planning this for years now," he smirked. "Firstly, I'll have to get rid of the muggles-those filthy mudbloods."

You bit your lip anxiously as a thought began taunting you in your head.

You were a muggle-born.

Obviously, you didn't tell him when you first met him because of his obvious disgust and hatred towards muggle-borns, so you left that part out for years.

"Tom, why do you have to bring muggle-borns into this?" you frowned, turning away from him.

"Becau-"

"Y/N! Tom! How's your day going?" Both you and Tom were startled by a familiar voice behind you. You slowly turned around to see good ol' chirpy Slughorn behind you, holding a short stack of books.

"It's going great, sir," Tom smiled, leaning towards you. His arms swung over your shoulders as he pointed at those books that Slughorn was holding on to. "Are we covering a new topic, sir?"

"Why yes, Tom," Slughorn chuckled, "sharp as always. I'll see you both in the afternoon."

"Back to the... muggles," you muttered, awkwardly cracking your knuckles. You felt awfully uncomfortable at the thought of Tom finding out your big secret, but it would surely be unfair of him to tell you everything that has crossed his mind, but you barely telling him what's on your mind at that moment.

"Y/N, what's your de-"

"I'm a... muggle-born," you stammered anxiously. Tom slowly moved away from you as he became more perplexed than ever. He couldn't believe what he heard. He simply couldn't.

"Why didn't you tell me this before?" he stammered, backing away from you. His eyes were filled with confusion and anger; he was stuck in a dilemma. His shuddering breath escaped his lips as he took short, sharp breaths, trying his best not to lash out on you.

"You tell me, Tom," you snapped. For a minute, Tom stood there in silence, staring out the window. You felt the overwhelming urge to just hold his hand and tell him everything's gonna be okay, but you yourself didn't know if it was going to be okay. Every time you tried to say his name, all that could come out was a gasp for air. And Tom? For the first time in forever, he felt a burning sensation in his throat as his heart sunk deep.

He loved you.

"I have to go," Tom whispered, looking away. He slowly got up and made his way off, not even looking back to glance at you one last time-and it broke you even more.

And that was the last time you ever spoke to the infamous Tom Riddle, and you knew the reason why he never came back was not because you were a muggle-born.

___________