20: reunited (f.d.)

imagine:
you've reacquainted with your first crush, tom riddle, in hogwarts after being let go from the orphanage.
______________

tw cringe lol

and yall better have that song reunited and it feels so good playin in yo head rn

_____________

It's funny how the universe works; some days it completely goes against your will, and the next thing you know, it makes you feel as though you owned the world. But this, you weren't sure exactly what the universe's intentions were.

Inches away from the entrance of Hogwarts, you stood frozen in the middle, watching the students rush by you with excitement. Gaping mindlessly around you with your brows furrowed, your empty mind began to fill itself with worrisome and anxiety.

"Forth year," you whispered under your breath as you began taking small steps into the great castle. "Never thought I'd ever come this far."

You sauntered into the dim castle, dissolving into the crowd when you felt a light tap on your shoulder. You hastily turn around as you met eyes with a blue-eyed, expressionless boy. He towered you with his hands behind him, narrowing his eyes while he began to examine your features meticulously. You gazed at him, letting out a little awkward chuckle. Did he know you? Do you know him? You doubted it, but somehow you felt a familiar, faint energy engulfing you. The same energy you felt when you were younger, usually by a certain presence.

"Hm," he huffed, glancing away from you. He let out a small sigh, raising his eyebrows. You grew more perplexed by the second, being stopped by a boy only to be stared at uncomfortably. "Little tip—you'd go further if you didn't waste your time mumbling to yourself."

Son of a bitch, you thought as you scoffed in disbelief.

"Is that all?" you asked as you crossed your arms. He mimicked your move as he tilted his head at you, his tongue running through his teeth. You could feel your lips stiffen in a trembling frown as your hands balled into a fist subconsciously.

"No," he muttered with a smirk. "I presume you're Y/N?"

"Perhaps."

"Good to know," he snickered, his smile widening as he gazed away from you.

A moment of silence stood between you two as you stared at him in confusion. "And you are..?"

He opened his mouth, but before he could say a word, his chances were stripped off by an unexpected group of boys abruptly crowding around him. You grew more perplexed, but your interests soon faded away as he began attending to those boys rather than to you. He turned around with a small smile, greeting them politely. Soon, you were washed away by the crowd, leaving the boy nothing but your absence.

Approaching the vast hall, your eyes scanned around the room for familiar faces. It was no surprise you found yourself stranded without an acquaintance; you had a tendency of befriending wanderers of the school rather than grounded ones. Sighing, you began searching around the room for a vacant seat in the Slytherin table. As you slithered through groups of people rabbling around, a wave of nausea washed over you, causing you to lose your balance. Tipping on your heels, your eyes shut as you prepared yourself to meet your fate, but was suddenly greeted with a pair of arms catching you mid-air.