22: jealous boy

a/n: sorry i'm a few years late but here's your long-awaited imagine! thanks for all the support, guys! love you most. i'll try to update as much as i can!

sorry this one's a tad short.

___________

imagine:

tom riddle does not like you talking to other boys.

___________

Her glance shifted from her watch to the blackboard, bits of chalk dust trailing the imprinted "Potions 101", then back to her wand. As a so-called "muggle", she felt out of place. Her mind wandered the memories of home, where the furniture obeyed the laws of gravity and animals were only capable of croaking out what was limited to a single sound. Homesickness settled in the girl as her cheek sunk into her palm. It didn't help that the professor was particularly monotonous today, and the fact that he was five seats away from her. Lurking in the depths of the hall sat a complex man, bizarrely dead silent.

"Oi," a hiss shot at her from her side. Her cheek fell to her shoulders as she met eyes a pair of hazel eyes. "Are you okay?"

Her lips broke into a downward smile, rolling her eyes at the professor. "Yeah – not my grades though."

The boy let out a low chuckle. His fingers fiddled the corner of his page of the textbook as he smiled back. Silence restored between them but thoughts ran through her head – possibilities. Not to mention she was practically hypnotised by those glistening hazel eyes, and she noticed a growing smile beneath. It was more than that Riddle boy ever gave her, anyway. The monotonous gibbering of the professor began to dissipate into a gentle breeze and soon enough, so did the company of the rest of the class.

"I'm Y/N."

"I know," he winked. "I've been eyeing on you for a couple of days, but today is a particularly special day because I finally had the guts to talk to you."

The corners of her lips perked into a modest smile as she made inadvertent attempts to suppress them. Attempts that she wasn't even aware of. A burning stare five seats away fixed at the two teenagers, silent enchantments slipping from his lips as though untamed by the rage seething within him. As Tom silently observed their conversation unfold, a pang of jealousy tightened within him, realising that the tenuous thread of their relationship seemed to be entwining with another.

The hands of the ticking clock hastened on every watch and clock present in the room as his patience ran thinner. His chest burned with an impulse to rise from his seat, walk towards the couple and pierce his wand through that loser's heart for talking to his girl. Visions flashed in his mind of him committing the most heinous acts to her new companion whilst his eyes remained fixed on them. It was out of his character to merely shoot trivial spells at him to hinder any progression between them, but she played a significant role in that compulsion. Hence, he kept it to a minimum–for now.

Inching towards the end of class, students began to pack up and seep out of the room. The two remained intact in their seats, their movements languishing towards their belongings. Tom held his gaze upon them, awaiting to pounce. Growing peeved by his unwavering grasp on his possession, he prematurely took matters into his own hands.

"Y/n!" he cheered, approaching them with a demure smirk cornered into his cheek.

His eyes lit up with a streak of mischief as his gaze turned to the boy, "and who's this?"

"He's my friend, this is Ad-"

"Just friends?" he gasped playfully, his hand suspended over his chest in anguish.

"Yes, Adam, did you not hear her?" Tom retorted immediately, his blistering glare boring into the boy.

In defeat, Adam faltered back and shot Y/N a malevolent stare. Tom detected faint whiff of fear oozing from him as Adam reached out for his backpack across the table. Y/N, utterly helpless, could only observed the stifling tension between the two boys, filling the room like an unspoken storm. The weight of Adam's immediate surrender became palpable as a realisation struck her. Shifting to Tom Riddle, who never displayed a flicker of emotion towards her, soaked in the sweet tang of jealousy. A tender warmth bloomed in her chest, a soft caress of emotion that felt like a gentle whisper of relief and contentment. Once again, she had found herself back into the arms of the dark-haired, blue-eyed devil.

"I'll see you around, Y/N," Adam muttered as he departed in a tight-lipped smile towards the girl.

"Now let me ask you a question," he thundered almost immediately, turning to Y/N. "Baby, what makes you think you can flirt with other guys?"

His words struck her as she stumbled back, letting out a startled laugh. "What?"

Without hesitation, Tom drew closer to her as his hands snaked around her waist. Nudging her against the wall, his lips sealed the gap between them and met hers. He could feel her melting under his touch, the yearning in her kiss when her tongue slipped into his mouth. A cloud of gratification washed over him having Y/N's arms slowly slither around his neck and graciously giving into his power, hers diminishing in strength.

Tom withdrew for a moment, a string of saliva stretching out between the two pairs of lips, and gazed into her eyes. The image of Adam and Y/N exchanging laughter played in his mind once again, feeding into the tight grasp on her waist. His fingers, once tenderly cupping her sides, now dug deep into her skin as if she were mere flesh. His gaze exacerbated into a penetrating glare; a flash of animosity flickered in his eyes for a split second.

"You're mine," he uttered. "I don't want to see you speaking to some hooligan – ever."

Enthralled by his influence, Y/N could only manage to nod. As the weight of his power hung in the air, Y/N's reluctant nod marked the surrender of her autonomy. The room fell silent, the quenching of their mutual thirst echoing in the stillness. Their shadows stretching across the floor, sealing a pact unspoken.