Chapter 12

Alexandra couldn't help but stare at how tightly her hand was intertwined with Victor's. Ever since their 'moment of revelations' (or was it confessions?), he had insisted on holding her hand. It was almost as though he was scared to let go.

Her mind swum with questions-were they ready to handle a relationship after just some days of knowing each other? What did they even know about each other? And what would happen when her holiday ended and she returned to England, and he stayed in Italy?

She laughed inwardly. SHE had claimed she was romantic; SHE had wanted a whirlwind adventure on this trip; SHE had wanted to fall in love... And yet here she was in this moment, as cynical and doubtful as she could be. 

Life had strange ways.

But another part of her just let out a sigh of relief-it was the part that had desperately hoped that somehow, just somehow, Victor reciprocated the feelings that had started to stir inside of her. And that tiny part of hers was content with the way things seemed to be panning out currently. It marvelled at how quickly things had intensified between Victor and her, but it was not surprised.

It was happy... And with logic like that, Alexandra could not bear to argue. Not one bit.

AUTHOR'S NOTE- My lovely readers! I am so glad to be back to this story. I promise I return with renewed vigour and determination and a steely intention to regularly update this story.

Tell me what you thought of this chapter-as always, vote and comment!

xxx