[18]

It was the first night in a while where Y/N managed to get decent sleep. She actually felt weirdly relaxed, despite all that had happened recently. Though when she woke up, she found herself dreading the past few days events all over again. She tiredly made her way to the medical hut, opening the door to reveal Tubbo passed out beside Tommy, gripping his hand for dear life. His head rested against the soft mattress the blonde lay upon and his face was scrunched up with worry. He must have woken up at some point stay with him. To call it a sad sight would be an understatement. She smiled sympathetically at the two, taking slow and cautious steps towards them to not wake up the boy from his slumber before tugging a blanket over his shoulders.

"He hasn't left his side once."

A deep and hushed voice spoke from the far side of the room, causing Y/N to quickly glance and see who it belonged too. The recognisable glint of gold sequins and accents of a dark, navy blue suit shone through the shadows of the room, lighting up the wall the figure had been resting against. His hat rested on his dark curls and was neatly aligned, pointing up to the ceiling above. Wilbur. He took big, slow strides towards the small medical table, his hands grazing the edges of it as he stared at the display in front of him. Y/N could only watch silently, unsure of what to say or do.

"He's refused to. He's worried about not being here when he wakes up." He smiled sadly, his eyes moving from either boy before frowning slightly and sighing. He moved to rest his back against the counter, his hand moving up to run across his face. His fingers pinched the bridge of his nose, seemingly deep in thought whilst his eyes stayed tightly shut.

"They're too young to be involved in this. It isn't right." He murmured, shaking his head disappointedly.

"I know.." she hummed a quiet agreement, crossing her arms as her eyes met the floor. Her feet awkwardly shuffled against the floor, moving over to stand next to Wilbur as he continued to speak.

"I never imagined things would come to this - and I mean before the war. We used to be such a huge community. And now look where we are. We're all slowly but surely falling apart." He continues, his hand dropping to grip the edge of the counter.

Y/N could recall the days before the war, when things seemed to be so much happier and peaceful compared to now. Then, things began to change. After Dream's parents found out there was a separate land on their property, they began to get greedy and demanded it back. L'manburg refused, of course, which only upset them further, going as far as to claim war against the poor town.

The villagers were helpless, hardly any of them fit to fight in a war against some of the strongest fighters on monarch's side, but they still pushed through. Somehow, they had won. That day proved that miracles can happen, and how the revolution against the monarchy had built over time. They had lost many people along the way, but never lost sight of what they fight for. 'Viva la revolution', they'd say as a self or peer reminder of what they stand for, and they would. As of now, they still believed in that cause, and if things go well, then they forever will.

"Well, we're still here, aren't we? We still stand together." Y/N tired to reason, placing a hand on his back.

"Yeah, but for how long? I mean, Eret's already proven to be a traitor, Tommy's barely holding himself together - for all we know he could pass any second and you're going back to them soon. Just how long do you think we can hold this together, Y/N? - How long I can hold this together?" His voice was beginning to raise ever so slightly, his words becoming more frantic and stressed. "I carried on this revolution for a cause - a cause that even I'm starting to doubt now. How do we know if this is going to go the way we want it to? We're holding onto some pretty loose strings right now, I can tell you. Our chances at winning are not very likely, you'd have to be blind to not notice!"