[35]

tw: quite detailed violence, srry for the second warning two chapters in a row :[

An unsettling, long silence hung upon the air of the group, nobody moving, nobody speaking - just heavy breathing. No one really knew what to say upon meeting in a situation like this. Not that they were needed... Sapnap's piercing glare spoke much more than just words. Anger, outrage, resentment... betrayal. Y/N could pinpoint exactly where all those emotions were directed to.

Dream stood motionless, weapon unsheathed by his hip in a threatening manner. This was the sort of tension that couldn't be penetrated by a knife of any sort. Thankfully, (though unsurprisingly) Tommy chose to break it with his 'intense charisma'. A wide, clearly forced smile displayed on his features, as he took quick steps over to his disdained enemy.

"Sapnap! What a pleasure it is to see you again, mah friend, mah friend!" He greeted, far too enthusiastic for... anyone's liking, to be honest. Everyone looked to be on edge - either with anger or fear. Sapnap's gaze finally shifting to the younger boy instead of his 'best friend', though his glare certainly didn't falter.

"What the fuck is this?" He snapped, motioning a hand up to the wreckage displayed ahead. Tommy swallowed harshly, eyes squinting slightly as he ran a series of responses through his mind. He could continue this 'friendly' character of his, and just play off the problem like he would in any other situation. Or, he could let out all his built-up anger and infuriation on the noirette and fulfil his closure once and for all. The options were endless.

Bad stepped forward, prepared to explain the situation in full, honest detail. His brows were furrowed almost regretfully, like he had been the one in the wrong to start with, which sparked an idea in Tommy's mind. The dark-hooded giant fiddled with his hands awkwardly, opening his mouth to talk.

"Well, um... I don't really know how to tell you this nicely, but-"

"Bad destroyed your tower."

Tommy immediately cut him off, a blank expression on his face. Bad's sorrowful face halted immediately, his eyes instead narrowing down to Tommy in disbelief who just shot him an innocent expression. Both Dream and Y/N had to bite back a chuckle from releasing at the scene whilst Skeppy merely deadpanned.

"What?! I would never do that, you muffinhead!" The hooded-man scolded the younger teen, lightly slapping his shoulder as though he were a parent. Tommy merely howled in laughter, hugging his stomach as though his pitchy chuckles were painful whilst he attempted to gather his composure. Obviously, the boy just threw out a random last accusation, knowing pretty well that it wouldn't end up well for him.

"It was a worth a try." He spluttered out, wiping stray tears from the corners of his eyes. Y/N couldn't help but smile at his foolishness - even in the worst-case scenarios, the kid always managed to lighten the mood, somehow.

Unfortunately, however, the atmosphere soon died again, resulting in an awkward silence filling the air. Dream and Sapnap had returned to their staring contest, the tension rising becoming far more than just prominent. Neither acted further upon their current stances, both holding position for whatever move the other would make. Y/N pursed her lips tightly. If this silly stand-off of theirs continued like this, then by the time this whole thing's over, nothing will be gained out of it. If they just made the move and ran away then-

"So, what's your excuse, then, 'Dreamie'? Too busy chasing after your precious, little, long-lost hostage to realise you're ditching the people who actually give two shits about you?" The ravenette mocked, his tone biting and cruel.

...never mind.

Y/N face quickly flushed in embarrassment, clearing her throat uncomfortably before shifting on the balls of her feet. When she originally said she was willing to get herself involved in Tommy's scheme, she hadn't meant like this. Dream also seemed to react similarly to the remark, though it had been very subtle and discreet. His grip had tighter around his shimmering axe, jaw also tightening from behind the shadows of his mask. Though he wasn't willing to go down humiliated without adding his own sense of input.