[3]

It had been a week since the ambush. Hardly anybody had spoke a word since it occurred, only a few to check up one each other and making sure everyone was doing alright. Everyone had needed medical attention and were supplied with whatever was needed in order to aid them, with what little they had. Their weapons were taken from them and they were left hopeless with practically nothing left except the tall walls surrounding them, the only thing keeping them protected from Dream and his friends. Nobody had expected a member of their own team to have betrayed them, especially Eret. It had definitely raised a lot of suspicion in the group, as well as trust issues. They were no longer sure if the people around them were actually their friends or not and if they were plotting on sabotaging them again at any moment.

Whilst these thoughts strayed in everyone's head, Y/N's mind drifted elsewhere. She was currently rested against her bed's headboard, knee bandaged up and resting on the opposite side of the bed. Turns out, she had been extremely lucky in terms of Dream's accuracy because if he had managed to aim his axe swing a little more to the left, she might have lost the ability to use her leg ever again. She was told that she must rest it for next week, which was finally now coming to an end, before walking on it again. But as much as she wanted to, she couldn't really argue against it. Wilbur's orders.

Her arms rested underneath her head as she stared up at the bunk above her thoughtfully. The past week had by far been the longest week in her life, and she was glad it was almost over. She hated seeing one of the boys walk in with a tray of food in hand because she couldn't get up to get it herself. At least during that short amount of time she could catch up on how everyone was doing since she couldn't at any other time really. Apparently, everyone in the group was now put on a very unsettling edge, especially Tommy, who was now even more paranoid than before. Even Tubbo was out of it, though he attempted to hide it whenever he came in to visit her. She could easily read his eyes though - the false sense of hope behind them. She never questioned him about it, because deep down she knew that he was only doing it to make her feel better.

As she thought about the events back in the secret room, she remembered her short and brief encounter with Dream. Like everyone had said, he was as menacing and tough as he appeared to be. What she still struggled to understand was how she managed to unarm him and even have him held at knife-point. Though her victory was short lasting, she couldn't help but smirk smugly to herself, proud of what she had done.

The smile soon disappeared as she recalled his exact words in the back of her mind... "I'll let you go," he spoke in his seemingly soft tone before glaring down at her harshly "but next time, I might not consider being so merciful". Those same words had been repeating in her head non stop, with his stupid voice and everything. She grumbled frustratedly as she tried the think about something different, something other than the tall green man in his shining Armor and bloodied axe. Bet he thinks that just because he's the ruler of this world that he has the nerve to pass her off like she's a waste of his time. Besides, what does that even mean? She even had him defenceless at one point! Well boy was she going to make him regret not killing her when he had the chance. She'd make sure of it.

She was quickly brought out of her thoughts by the sound of a large bang outside. She shot up out of bed to glance out the window, where she saw a small crowd of people at the gate, all carrying there weapons readied and loaded. She squinted in confusion and suspicion when voices began to be raised and more people began to run over to investigate. She took this as her chance to finally leave the bed, who knows, it could be serious... she swung her legs gently off the edge of the bed and hesitated before fully standing up. It felt a little strange to be standing up again but the light-headedness soon faded and she began to move. She tried to lean most of her weight on her good leg so they pain would subside, but it still lingered.