[13]

A smile graced the girl's face as the words left his mouth. Finally she'd be free of this shithole. Y/N watched as he climbed up to her window, almost falling along the way. Luckily, he was high enough for her to reach her wrist through the bars and grab him, preventing him from what could've been a broken lim. Using almost all of her upper-body strength, she heaved him up, holding onto the window frame for extra support until he was able to grab the window bars himself. He began to work right away, figuring it was best to get an early start since nobody was in the room other than herself at the moment and it would give them more time to break out.

"Be careful" she murmured, watching him cautiously as he gripped his pickaxe in hand and began slamming it into the bars to cause some kind of dent in the metal. Her hand kept a strong hold on his spare wrist, just in case his grip slipped or he stumbled. He gave her an reassuring hum, as if to say he'd be fine and not to worry, but obviously that wasn't enough to convince her. Without her realising it, her eyes often darted towards the door of her room, the constant fear of someone walking in plagued her mind. She didn't forget Dream's rule about interaction with her friends of L'manburg and if he caught them trying to break her out, who knows what he'd do...

Finally piercing through the metal of the first bar, Tommy let out a small sound of relief and triumph, a smile spread across his face. She turned to look at his accomplishment and couldn't smile too. I mean, who couldn't? His smile was contagious.

"One down, three to go." He stated proudly, his eyes twinkling with determination and confidence.

He quickly got to work on the second bar, remembering he still wasn't done and began denting the metal harshly. The two remained in a comfortable silence, the only sound filling the void being the harsh metal against metal. Neither of them acknowledged it either, both too focused on the situation at hand to worry about any other matters. It was only until Tommy realised the silence and spoke up.

"So... care to tell me about the injury now?"

He questioned seriously, which startled Y/N in a way, considering how he never usually was. Maybe the whole vice-presidency role had finally started to take an effect on him? She looked up to meet his eyes, which stayed trained on the metal, but sent him a puzzled gaze nevertheless.

"Seriously? You want to discuss this now?"

"Well, until these fuckin' bars break off it doesn't seem like we're going anywhere. May as well use our time whilst we have it"

She rolled her eyes slightly, really not wanting to talk about the topic and pursed her lips tightly shut. Tommy quickly shot a glance at her before returning back to his work, not willing to slow down or lose his focus in case anything happened. She kept her gaze on anything but him, her head turned to the side and her brows furrowed deep in thought. He waited silently for her response, until he his impatience soon got the best of him.

"If you're going to fuckin' tell me, it would probably-"

"I got into a fight with Sapnap"

He snapped his head upward to meet to her eyes, his eyes wide with shock and disbelief. She looked at him hesitantly, expecting the worst as he opened his mouth to speak again.

"You what?" He gaped, unable to form a proper sentence. His jaw was dropped, finding it hard to believe what he was hearing. Meanwhile, Y/N looked down guiltily, nervously chewing her lip. She'd figure he'd be mad at her for putting herself at risk or for stirring trouble at the smp. It's not like she planned on getting into a fight. It wasn't even her choice!

"I-i know, but honestly it wasn't my fault! Dream arranged for us to do this training course thing and he made us duel, to 'test my potential' or some shit.. and-"