Part 9

Bogum shoved Hoseok out of the way, kneeling next to Taehyung who sat on the sidewalk in front of a cop car.

"Taehyungie, are you alright? Are you hurt?"

"I'm fine Hyung," He answered emotionlessly. "I'm sorry about the house,"

"It's alright, it's not a big deal. It's just some useless crap I can buy again,"

"Hyung they took my necklace," Taehyung mumbled.

He had ran to his room after calling Bogum, while Jimin was on the phone with the police.

He didn't care when his furniture was knocked over, he passed everything and headed straight for his closet. When he spotted the small display case overturned and the glass broken, he felt as if his whole world fell apart.

"Oh no," Bogum wrapped his arms around the younger quickly, "I'm so sorry Taehyung,"

"That was really all I had left of them, wasn't it? I mean, sure I have pictures. But as a whole, that necklace, that was my favorite thing in the world Hyung,"

Jimin frowned, "Is he talking about the necklace we got him?" He asked Hoseok.

"You mean the one we got him when we first took him out?"

"Yeah,"

"I don't know,"

An officer walked up to Taehyung with a sad smile, "We'll get this sorted. Can you give me a list of everything that was taken?"

"A necklace," Taehyung said first, "It was silver, and had an infinity sign that had diamonds on it,"

Hoseok let out a sigh, "Yeah, that's the one,"

Jimin frowned, "It really means that much to him?"

"I guess,"

"What else?" The officer asked.

"Uh, 2 TVs, a small glass table, a few antiques, vases, other, less important jewlery,"

"Anything else you can think of?"

Taehyung pursed his lips cutely as Bogum played with his hair, "I don't think so. I'll have this guy here go check, I think. Really, it's his house. I just mooch off of him,"

The officer laughed lightly, "You're funny kid, I'll make sure we get this sorted out quickly. And Mr. Park, sir?"

"Yes officer?" Bogum asked.

"Take care of the kid, okay?"

"I will,"

~~~~

Taehyung sent Bogum to go look around for anything else missing while he played with random rocks on the sidewalk.

"T-Taehyung," Jimin tapped his shoulder, pretending he wasn't affected when Taehyung snapped out of his daze and flinched away.

"Hi,"

"I wanted to know if there was anything we could do to help?"

"You could ask Yoongi what he was doing earlier today," Taehyung muttered.

Jimin tilted his head, "Why?"

"Because I found his earing in my bedroom,"

"How do you know if it was really his?" Hoseok asked cautiously, not wanting to anger him.

Taehyung picked up a small rock, rolling it around in his hand before throwing it across the street, "I know Yoongi. It was his favorite pair. You know the dangly feather ones? The ones he got when he crimped his hair?"