Part 40

He almost forgot to mention to Jungkook that he should dress slightly formal if he was going to hang around for a bit, but managed to snag a few brain cells in time to text him around 4.

Bogum hadn't said anything to the news about Jungkook, and Taehyung knew he wasn't particularly pleased, but he was happy that Taehyung was happy.

Hyungsik left at around 4:30 to go change, wanting to be back in time to help set up the island in the kitchen and the dining room.

It wasn't a large or overly fancy party, that wasn't Bogum's style, but he did tend to lean towards the finer things, including food and clothes, so he requested those who were attending to dress nice. It wasn't an outrageous request, so it was easily agreeable.

"So...fancy how?" Jungkook had asked, after panicking and non-stop texting Taehyung about what to wear. "Like a suit?"

Taehyung had laughed, before reassuring Jungkook, that no, he did not have to wear a suit.

"Just some dress pants and a nice button up will do. That white collared one I got you 2 years ago will do fine."

If Jungkook had noticed his voice waver at '2 years ago', then he didn't say anything.

Taehyung, after being pestered by Bogum, had just finished dressing up. He was wearing a collared, flowy white button up, and had tugged on some way too tight black jeans that looked pretty fancy (no he did not purposefully match his outfit to what he told Jungkook to wear).

At 5 exactly, not a minute before or after, Taehyung watched Jungkook's car pull up in his driveway and park next to the 6 others.

He refused to admit he had ran down the stairs. Because he hadn't. He had meandered down the steps and slowly made his way to the front door, no matter what Bogum and Hyungsik said.

"Jungkookie!"

"T-Taehyung," Jungkook breathed, "You looked really good."

"Why thank you, so do you!"

They were matching. Not that it was hard to match two black and white semi-fancy outfits, but still.

"So..do I get to come in?"

Taehyung sputtered, quickly moving from the door and shutting is as Jungkook slipped in, looking around.

"So who's here? I realize I don't know many of your friends."

"Oh it's really mostly just coworkers that Bogum invited. Umm..Hyungsik's here, I don't know if you know him. He's my best friend. One of them, at least."

"Was he one of the people at Jin's restaurant?"

"Yeah, he sat across from me I think. So anyways, how long do you want to stay? And where are you taking me?"

"I-I wouldn't want to hold you from hanging out with your friends," Jungkook rubbed the back of his neck, "So as long as you want. And um...is it okay if that's a surprise?"

"Of course Jungkookie!"

He smiled and followed Taehyung into the kitchen, where 4 people where talking.

"Guys!" Taehyung grinned, and Jungkook internally cooed, "This is Jungkook! He's gonna be here with us for a bit."

Hyungsik's lip twitched up into a snarl, but he rolled his eyes and turned away when Taehyung glared.

"I remember you. You're Taehyung's ex. The hell are you doing here?"

"Seojoon calm down," Taehyung sighed, "He's taking me on a date. Jungkook, that's Seojoon. Bogum, Hyungsik, and Minho! I think you know them, but I can't remember."