Part 28

He had always loved Jimin's voice. It was comforting.

Up until his heart had been brutally shattered, Jimin's voice had lulled him to sleep easily.

And then Jimin's voice became taunting. Said things that picked up the pieces of his heart and threw them as far as possible, leaving him to run and search and still come up empty handed.

Only one of the voices that plagued him, Jimin's usually stood above the others. Told him he was worthless. A whore. Amongst other things.

"Of course," Jimin smiled. He walked back in the room and took a seat in the chair. "It's...it's been a while since I've sung for you."

"Yeah..." Not necessarily. Jimin's voice spit out insults as if he was singing them. "You don't have to."

"I would like to."

Taehyung nodded, relaxing into his pillow. He could hope it made things better. Maybe it would replace the bad things that were said.

"Um...what about....Promise? You know that one right?" Jimin asked as he nervously played with his fingers.

"I do."

Jimin kept singing, even as Taehyung's eyes closed. He moved a bit of Taehyung's hair away. The younger's eyes were a bit swollen. Jimin was sure that his were too.

"I love you Tae," he whispered. He stood and pressed a gently kiss to Taehyung's forehead. "So much."

~

Taehyung woke up to silence. He frowned.

He looked at the clock and almost choked. 10:33am.

He slept almost 10 hours? In a row? Unbothered? No nightmares?

What the fuck?

Taehyung still felt sleepy though, and dropped back down into his pillows with a sigh.

"Shh. He might still be sleeping," That was Jimin, he was still here? Why? And who the fuck was here?

"Fucker I live with him. I doubt he's sleeping. He's probably been awake since 3." Ah. Just Bogum. Why was he hoping for someone else?

"I'm awake. But I literally just woke up. So there's that."

"Tae!" Jimin yelled. He barreled through the door and kneeled next to the bed, "How are you feeling? Still tired? Hungry? Is there anything I can get you?"

He wanted to laugh. He didn't though, "No thank you Jiminie. I'm...I'm okay."

"You always say that Taehyung," Bogum sighed. Taehyung was fucked, Bogum said his full name, "And you're not. Please just....be honest for once."

"Well I slept for 10 hours straight. So really, I'm okay," He sighed and pushed the blankets off, "No nightmares. No voices. I slept well for the first time in over a year. I'm....I'm great."

"No nightmares?" Bogum asked. He looked shocked, something Taehyung was not used to.

Taehyung smiled widely, "Not a single one."

"Not even about-"

"Not even about," Taehyung interrupted him, looking at Jimin warily, "None."

"That's amazing!" Bogum clapped excitedly. "That's so amazing! Oh that makes me so happy! Do you know why you didn't have any? So we can make it happen again?"

Taehyung glanced over at Jimin quickly, before he looked back at his blankets. "No clue."

"D-Do you think it was because I sang to you?" Jimin asked quietly. He was nervously twirling the rings on his fingers.