𝚀𝚞𝚒𝚎𝚝 𝙺𝚒𝚍

Mattia Polibio

Today is the first day back from winter break. The school is filled with noise, and kids are everywhere. Another normal day in my high school.

I actually don't have many friends in school. I'm usually alone, but quite a lot of people know who I am. My only friends are those that I sit with at lunch, but...that's lunch.

My first period class is US History, and I can already feel a crap load of homework in my very near future.
(T=Teacher)

T: Y/n?
"Here"
T: Okay, and Mattia?
Mattia: here. He says, just loud enough for the teacher to hear.
Mattia is the quiet kid of our grade. He never really speaks, but he's usually on the honor roll, so i'm sure he's pretty smart. I don't think i've ever spoken to him. Not a full conversation at least. When he had to sit next to me in class, I introduced myself to him. I could tell that he's really shy. I am too, but not to that extent.

T: Well, welcome back everyone. I hope you had a nice, restful, relaxing holiday break. I know you didn't want it to end, but it's time to get back into school mode. We're going to be starting a new unit, and we'll be working on that until the end of the marking period.
She goes on explaining all about the lesson, and what to expect for the next couple of weeks.

Nia: Are we going to have a test at the end of the unit?
T: That's a great question. We're not having a test actually. You guys are going to be working on a paired project.
The whole class starts groaning. This teacher always picks the worst pairs

Landon: Can we pick our o-
T: I will be assigning partners.
The class groans again, followed by murmurs and complaints. I'm not the happiest about this, but if I can just get the work done, we gon'  be alright.

FF getting home

"Dad?"
Dad: Yeah i'm in my office.
I walk into the office and see my dad typing on his computer.

"What're you doing?"
Dad: Working of course.
"On?"
Dad: Things for my job.
"How come you aren't at your office place."
Dad: Ehh...I wanted to stay home today. Had to make some shipments though.
"Alrighty then."

My Dad works as a...well...I actually have no idea what he works as. Maybe a secret agent or something. Apparently he can't tell me. I've tried doing some snooping, but i've yet to find anything. Either way, he makes good money, and we're pretty wealthy... Okay. We're rich. It's weird though. I don't really live the "rich girl" lifestyle. Nobody knows about it either. Since I don't have any real friends, nobody has ever been to my house. Other than family members, and my dad's work "buddies". Whatever. All I know is that whoever i'm doing this project with, better be down to do the work at their house.

FF 2 weeks

T: The end of the marking period is near. It is now time for you're wonderful pair projects. Let's get into it.
She reads a bunch of names off some piece of paper, and not one person has been genuinely happy about their partner.

T: Y/n and Mattia...
Oh. Okay. This is gonna be hard. I hope I can get him to talk to me. I don't think he'd just sit there though. Right?

T: Okay go sit by your pairs and get to working. This is to be done digitally, and I am expecting you guys to work on this outside of school as well. Exchange numbers, emails, whatever it is you need to do. Call me over if you need help.
A girl comes up to me asking for my seat, to sit next to her partner. I get up, and head over to Mattia's desk. His hoodie is on, and his head is down. I can feel people staring at me, probably whispering, and wondering how the hell im going to get this project done. Let's pray.