𝙽𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚋𝚘𝚛

Jaden Cradle

Disclaimer: I write my stories kinda based off how my actual life is. Idk if y'all don't like that, but just tell me if you want me to write about a family with a healthy relationship and 2 parents that are together 🦭Ok happy reading.

Today is Friday, and I'm over at my dad's house for the weekend. Im usually not the only one of my siblings to come over. My brother comes most of the time, but he's not young anymore, and sometimes is busy with school and work. This weekend it's just me and Dad.

He usually leaves the apartment to go to work on Friday night, and will spend the most time with us on Friday afternoon, Saturday night, and the whole Sunday. Sadly he had to go to work earlier today, and won't be back until early Saturday morning. It's happened before, but my brother was always here, and we kept each other company.

My dad has always told me about a boy my age living next door. I've always wanted to speak to him, but boys my age just play video games 24/7. A couple of times, i've seen him walking around the complex, going in and out his house, all that. But, i've never cared to ask his name.

*ding dong*

The doorbell is ringing? Who could that be. I open the door to see the woman from next door standing there.

Diane: Hi y/n. So sorry to bother you.
"No it's okay. What's going on?"
Diane: Well, I actually am leaving the house for a while, and I know your Dad likes me to watch out for you. I just wanted to say if anything happens my son Jaden is next door.
"Oh okay thank you."
Diane: You're welcome. I know it's gonna storm, so the power might cut out.
"Yeah I heard. Well, okay thanks for letting me know."
Diane: You're welcome sweetheart. Have a good night.
"You too"
I close the door, and walk back over to my bedroom. I forgot all about that storm. I'm completely terrified of lightning, and darkness. Hopefully the power doesn't actually cut out.

FF some time

*ding dong*

Is that Diane again?

???: Hey.
"Hi?"
???: Oh! I'm Jaden. From next door.
"Oh yeah, hey Jaden."
Jaden: So I know my mom came and spoke to you right?
"Yeah. She talked to me about an hour ago."
Jaden: Well, I know you're probably bored home alone, so I wanted to ask if you wanted to hang out. I know the storm and stuff is coming around.
"Sure that sounds fun. Do you wanna come in?"
I gesture for him to come in, and he comes in looking around as he steps through the doorway. I bring him over to the couch, and there's a bit of an awkward silence for a couple of moments. He ends up breaking it.

Jaden: Do you play video games?
"Um. Not really. I guess people don't consider what I play 'video games'"
Jaden: What do you play?
"Mainly just Minecraft, Roblox, and The Sims"
Jaden: Roblox?
"Yep."
Though i'm now looking away from him, I can hear him snickering.

"Nothing is wrong with roblox. There's good games on there."
Jaden: Sheesh. I never said there wasn't
He says putting his hands up, and laughing some more.

Jaden: Do you want me to bring my console. I have Minecraft if you want to play that
"Ok sure."
Jaden: Aight, i'll be right back.
He leaves out the door, and about 5 minutes later, comes back with his console. We both decide to get pizza since my dad left me some money for food. I order one pie, and thankfully it comes before the storm gets really bad. We eat pizza while playing video games for a while. I hear the rain hitting the windows like crazy, and i'm starting to get really nervous.

Jaden: The rain is getting really nasty huh.
"Yeah it's a bit much."
Jaden: Power might go out soon. Do you have flashlights or something just in case?
"Oh yeah. I'll go get them."
I go into my bedroom to get my flashlight and a candle. I then go into my dad's room to look for his flashlight as well. I don't see it in there, so I start heading to the kitchen to look for it there.

"Here it-"
Before I can finish my sentence, the wind starts to pick up and the rain starts to hit the window aggressively. Soon after, lightning strikes, and the power shuts out. I scream and fall to the ground, caught off guard. I'm really scared of the dark, and loud noises. I start to cry in a ball on the floor, as the loud noises surround me.

Jaden: Y/n!? Where are you?
"I..."
I try to answer, but there's a frog in my throat that is keeping me from being able to use my voice. I try to clear the fog out of my head, and use my hands to feel around the floor, and look for the flashlight. I find it and turn it on. Jaden happened to be standing right in front of the kitchen doorway. He squints at the sudden light being shone in his eyes.

Jaden: Here you are. Are you okay.
I nod my head yes. He picks up the other flashlight off the floor and turns it on. I can now see the room almost clearly.
Jaden: You're scared of lightning?
"Yes. And the dark."
Jaden: Well that's okay. Come on let's go back to the living room.
"I should get the lighter for the candle."
Jaden: I'll get it for you.
I point over to the kitchen drawer, and he reaches in there, and gets the lighter. I grab the candle off the counter, and start walking back into the living room. We both sit down on the couch and the lightning strikes again. I whimper, and jump into his arms.

Jaden: It's okay. It will be over soon. Do you want me to stay here with you? At least until the power is back on.
"Yes please."

He nods, and holds me tighter in his arms.

This was complete ass...
Give me requests/ideas please and thanks 🦭✌️