Introduction

Well, to kick things off, I'm August Alsina. I am a singer and I perform mostly at Club 44. I'm sort of like the boss there. I have been dating my girl Janet for 4 years and so far, it's been pretty good. There is supposed to be a new performer at Club 44, and I have yet to meet them. All I know is, who has a better stage presence than me? I mean, I don't wanna brag but-

"Hello, I'm Aaliyah. Are you August?"

"Yeah, what's up?" I looked her up and down.

"Well, I'm they new performer here at Club 44." She reached out her hand.

I don't shake hands like that, but I shook hers. They were soft.

"How old are you, ma? I streched out on the leather couch in the meeting room.

"I just made 22 on Jaunuary 16."

"22? We the same age and everything!" I got up and did the Shmoney dance.

She sat back and laughed.

"August!" Nicki barged in the door.

"Girl, what you want?" I stopped dancing and folded my arms.

"You girl's on the phone. Something about her meeting or something. I don't know." Nicki eyed Aaliyah.

"Awe, Nicki this is Aaliyah, the new-"

"The new performer I know." She looked at her, then smiled.

"Oh my God she's so freakin' beautiful, I mean, my gosh. Nice to meet you!" She hugged her.

"Umm, nice to meet you too!" She hugged her back and smiled.

"Oh, yeah I'll show her around. August you better speak to Janet!" Nicki took Aaliyah out of the room.

I picked up the phone

{Phone Convo}

"What's up baby?"

Janet sighed. "I have a meeting today, so I probably won't be able to see you perform tonight."

"Come on! This the third time this week!"

"You know this job is important to me. I can't just stop and come see you perform every night."

"I know, but what's a star when his most important fan is missing?"

"I'm sorry baby. I gotta go I'm almost at work. Love you."

"Yeah, love you too." I hung up.

"Aye, August!" Ginger popped her head in the doorway.

"What you doing here, youngin'?"

"Hey, watch yourself. You know my uncle owns this place."

"Yeah, and I don't approve of him letting you hang in here at all."

"This place doesn't open until 10:00PM."

"But still, all this vodka around here, giving you ideas."

"Shut up."

"Hey, I'm not the 13 year old in this conversation."

"Whatever, just stopping to say hello. Oh, and Uncle Ray wanted to see you."

"Alright." I got up off the couch and made my way to Ray's office. When I got there, as usual he was smoking his cigars.

"August, my boy!" He got up and met me at the door.

"What's up Ray?

"I've seen you met our newest addition to the Club 44 family?" He offered me a cigar.

"Yeah, I mean, she alright." I shook my head. "I'll pass on the cigars."

"Alright? Her stage presence is amazing! Wait until you get to see her perform, you'll see what I mean."

"Sure, Ray. Whatever you say.

"She just might be better than you.'' He puffed his cigar.

I stopped at the door and laughed. "Nah, never that." I walked out.

Short, but there's more to come!

Vote, Comment, and Share. Pretty please with a cherry on top? Bye loves!