Chapter Thirteen

Aaliyah POV

Janet and I are planning the bridal shower and bachelorette party. We've decided to have the bridal shower at the Embassy Suites not too far from Club 22, and then the party will be held at, of course, Club 22.

"Don't forget to invite Eric and my glam squad." I told Janet as I finalized the catering.

"But it's women only, Aaliyah." Janet tapped her pencil on her notebook.

"But it's my glam squad, Jan!"

She smiled. "Alright, fine. But I have to invite my boyfriend Dalvin."

I squealed, "Okay, so help me with my-"

"Hey y'all!" Ginger walked in with heaps of shopping bags.

Janet lifted her glasses, "Well, what is all that for?" 

"Oh, I didn't tell y'all I was going to prom this weekend?" Ginger smiled

"Prom! But, what about my bridal shower?" I frowned.

"Oh my God, Aaliyah I'm so sorry!" Ginger hugged her.

Janet bit her bottom lip, " As long as you're here for the wedding, it's alright."

"But, I really wanted to go to her send-off." Aaliyah sighed.

"Well, maybe you can!" Ginger sat next to Aaliyah.

I lifted my head. "She does have a point, the bachelorette party doesn't start until 7pm."

"Well, you are the bride." Janet gave a smile.

Ginger clapped her hands. "Yasss Mama J!"

"Alright now, are all the invitations sent out for the wedding?"

Janet got up. "Yes they are! Starting by alphabetical order, August Al-"

It was dead silence.

"Umm, I'm sorry, but I have to use the rest room." She set the clipboard down and walked out.

"I'll go talk to her." Ginger got up and ran after her.

Janet POV

I slammed the rest room door shut behind me, only for Ginger to burst in.

"What was up with you out there?" She whispered-yelled.

"August! After everything he's done, he STILL gets invited?"

"Mama J you know August was the first friend Aaliyah every made in Club 22!"

"But he broke my heart an she knew it!"

"Mama J, I love you, but this is Aaliyah's wedding! Not yours!" She started breathing heavy.

I stared at her, stunned.

"And if you're in a relationship with Dalvin, and he's making you happy, don't worry about August!"

"Okay GiGi, just calm down-"

"But I can't! Because if August finds out about me and Trey ,especially our age difference, who know what would happen!" Ginger started to tear up.

I ran over to hug her.

She started bawling over my shoulder. "We weren't supposed to fall in love, Mama J."

I just patted her shoulder. "It's okay, let it out."

"It was just an innocent kiss!" She started breathing harder.

Aaliyah ran in.

"Ginger, baby girl breathe."

"Where's your inhaler?" I asked her.

"In my purse!" She wheezed.

Aaliyah ran to her purse and grabbed her inhaler.

"Here, take your breathing treatment." I calmed her down.

After all of that was over, Ray took her home. I never knew Trey could have feelings for her like that.

I just want it to last.

Trey POV

"Man, your bachelor party gone be lit!" I gave Damon a dap.

Elgin laughed, but cut in. "No strippers! All of us is taken besides Trey so."

Everybody laughed.

"My man, I am take FYI."

Chris mean mugged "Wait, What? By who?"

"For me to know, and you to find out." I sat back and sipped my ciroc.

 Damon rolled his eyes. "It can't be Nicki because she got Meek."

"Can't be Rihanna, because I'll kill you." Chris laughed, then went into Kanye mode.

Elgin shook his head. "Can't be Teyana because she's mine, and we have a child together."

They were going down the list, then they got to Ginger.

"It can't be Ginger, she's 16, August little sister (So he says) and Ray's niece."

I coughed and turned away.

Chris got closer to me. "It's Ginger Trey."

"Man, you always gotta be inspector gadget!" I walked away.

"OH MY GOD YOU SERIOUS?" Chris fell out his seat laughing.

"Shawty bad, I'll give him that." Meek sipped his Hennessy.

"Yes, I am. Now this stays between us guys, nobody else. Especially Ray and Aug."

"Got it man, we don't snitch." Elgin bro hugged me.

"Age ain't nothing but a number." Chris started singing before I threw a pillow at him.